Faculty Full TimeBenefit Status:
Department of Public HealthSalary:
Salary commensurate with experienceApplications Open:
May 24 2022 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Public Health in the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell welcomes applications for a Visiting Instructor for the 2022-2023 academic year. This role is a one-year visiting post with a 4-4 teaching load, with possible renewal at the end of the year with a positive performance of teaching and service. A successful candidate will teach a variety of courses serving majors and non-majors in the Department. These courses may include Introduction to Public Health, Social Determinants of Health, and Health Policy. The successful candidate will also contribute to the Department through participation in Department, College, and University committees and events, advising undergraduate students, and assisting with recruitment activities. The successful candidate will be expected to begin work on September 1, 2022.
The Department of Public Health is committed to academic excellence. We invite applicants with relevant expertise in the health professions and a history of instructional experience in public health to apply. Applicants recognized for teaching excellence, experience in working with a diverse population, and excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as in curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive and nurturing environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to this goal.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum of a master’s degree in public health or a related field; a doctoral degree is preferred
- Strong record of teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level for a range of public health classes. Doctoral degree required to teach doctoral courses
- Excellence in oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations
- Experience in curriculum incorporating Interprofessional Education (IPE) activities
- Prior accreditation experience with CEPH
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following required documents with your application.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy and Experience - Please include:
- description of previous teaching experience with a list of courses taught, and
- teaching philosophy and style
- List of courses previously taught in higher education and college/university name.
- Names and contact information of three professional references will be required during the application process.
- Copy of student evaluations from previous teaching, if available