School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
Fellowship ManagerThe Clayman Institute for Gender Research
The School of Humanities and Sciences (H&S) is the foundation of a liberal arts education at Stanford. The school encompasses 23 departments and 25 interdisciplinary programs. H&S is home to fundamental and applied research, where free, open, and critical inquiry is pursued across disciplines. As the university's largest school, H&S serves as the foundation of a Stanford undergraduate education no matter which discipline students pursue as a major. Graduate students work alongside world-renowned faculty to pursue and shape foundational research that leads to breakthroughs and discoveries that shed new light on the past, influence the present, and shape the future. Together, faculty and students in H&S engage in inspirational teaching, learning, and research every day.Department/Program Description:
Founded in 1974, the Michelle R. Clayman Institute for Gender Research is an interdisciplinary feminist research community. The Institute empowers students and scholars in three key ways:
- Conduct and invest in intersectional gender research
- Mentor students through fellowships and internships
- Inspire, translate and amplify gender scholarship
For decades, its ground-breaking research—both its in-house research and the interdisciplinary gender research it funds—has effected lasting change. See https://gender.stanford.edu/
for more information.Position Summary:
The Clayman Institute for Gender Research is seeking a Fellowship Manager. The Fellowship Manager will work under general supervision of the Executive Director and will manage three fellowship programs, additional scholarly appointments, and also contribute to stewardship and development processes.
This is a 100% FTE, continuing, non-exempt position. This position will be based on the Stanford campus and will be considered for an option of telecommuting (hybrid of working on-site and off-site), subject to operational need.
The Fellowship programs engage faculty at Stanford, along with the most promising rising gender scholars, to bring new questions and perspectives to our research agenda and programming. The Fellowship Manager manages and continually improves our fellowship programs so participants can maximize their time at the Clayman Institute in terms of their own research, and the Clayman Institute's research agenda. Fellows also contribute to and benefit from our intergenerational mentoring, professional development, and community-building efforts.
Our Research Fellowships:
- Faculty Research Fellowship: An annual fellowship program of up to 12 Stanford faculty who present and participate in interdisciplinary discussions of emerging gender research. Fellows attend twice-monthly lunches and participate in Gender News.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: A two-year postdoctoral fellowship to support early career gender scholars in their own scholarship. Fellows have opportunities to contribute to our research agenda through writing in Gender News and participating/leading relevant programming and research.
- Graduate Dissertation Fellowship: An annual fellowship for late-stage Stanford graduate students, to complete their dissertation, engage in a feminist community, and broaden their scholarship and teaching.
The Fellowship Manager's responsibilities include: engaging and managing selection process of future fellows (Interfolio, advertising, selection; managing processes and funding/ budgeting (Stanford systems, teaching assistantship for GDFs); managing relationships with all fellows (setting schedules and planning meetings, guiding professional development program planning, Gender News); managing cross-campus relationships (FGSS, OPA); facilitating Institute community-building (current and former fellows); overseeing our annual student prizes; managing personnel and appointments (writer-in-residence and senior scholars); contributing to our development and stewardship efforts.
Additional core duties:
- Provide administrative or operational support with limited supervision. May be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
To be successful in this role, you will bring: Education & Experience:
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
A four-year degree is highly desired.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The fellowship manager must possess and demonstrate a positive outlook on continuous process improvement efforts while maintaining a team-based and customer-focused mindset. It is critical that this position exhibit the abilities to practice sound judgment and decision-making, effective written & oral communication, strong attention to detail and respectful relationship management. This position must also exhibit a strong desire to continuously learn new and unfamiliar business topics, policies, procedures as they relate to fellowships - the ability to translate this information into operational successes will be critical.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
If you believe that this opportunity is a match for your knowledge, skills and abilities, we encourage you to apply. Thank you for considering employment opportunities with the School of Humanities and Sciences.Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classifications and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/fellowship-manager-17555
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency