Research Program Assistant II
We are seeking a Research Program Assistant II
who will support a several research projects within the Johns Hopkins University Center for OCD, Anxiety, and Related Disorders (Department of Psychiatry, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry). Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, the RPA II will be responsible for assisting the PI and research team with participant recruitment (i.e., completing phone screens) and the collection of data in human research. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Assist with participant recruitment and completing phone screens of potentially eligible participants.
- Assist with data collection and data entry for multiple projects related to obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders.
- Maintain thorough understanding of assigned research studies to implement and execute research protocols. Assist with preparing reports for weekly team meetings.
- Assist with administrative duties as requested by the PIs, including preparation for abstract, paper, and poster submissions.
- Participates in monthly videoconferences to discuss project development, implementation and oversight.
- Perform data entry and assist with maintaining master research database. Perform daily and weekly data checking and quality assurance according to study team protocols.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned by the PI.
- Ability to think critically and to solve problems that arise related to study protocols.
- Ability to be flexible in work conditions and function well in a team setting
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Interest in mental health, including anxiety, Tourette Syndrome (TS) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to interact with faculty and staff on research teams.
- Attention to detail. Good proofreading skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to deal effectively within and outside the department.
- Skilled in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and REDCap.
- Excellent organizational skills to work effectively in an environment that requires balancing multiple assignments.
Classified Title: Research Program Assistant II
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 - $20.00/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Casual Variable
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Psy Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Program-Assistant-II-MD-21205/894410800/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency