The Berman Institute of Bioethics is seeking a Research Assistant
who will conduct web-based research on COVID-19 policies and policymaking in U.S. States, and will participate in interview-based qualitative research. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Conduct document analysis of government website and social media accounts, in relation to several COVID-19 policies.
- They will write up research findings in briefs for the project team and other project outputs. They will also participate in interviews with policymakers, and in analysis of the interview data.
- Additional duties may include contacting potential research subjects.
- Responding to project related emails.
- Attending project meetings.
- Preparing progress reports for investigators and the funding agency.
- Other related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
- Some related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Google, Lexis/Nexus, and other data collection software.
- Ability to quickly learn various computer-based applications and data analysis tools.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills and the ability to communicate effectively are essential.
- Strong organizational, administrative, project management, and problem-solving skills required.
- Able to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Able to conduct research autonomously according to precise instructions.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- Able to exercise independent judgment to resolve minor problems arising while conducting research.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for an extended period of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
Classified Title: Research Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $16.42 - $22.57/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Part-time
Schedule: M-F 8:00-4:30
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Public Health
Department name: Bioethics Institute
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-RESEARCH-ASSISTANT-MD-21205/893947400/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency