POSITION TITLE: Assistant/Associate Professor and Coordinator of MBA Program (Rank is open and determined based on qualifications). This is a 12-month position.
This position reports to the department chair and is responsible for administrative leadership, teaching, and advising within the MBA program.
The candidate will be responsible for planning, preparing, delivering, and evaluating graduate asynchronous and synchronous instruction and related activities in the MBA program. In addition, the candidate will perform other duties as directed by the Chair of the Department of Business Administration and the Director of Online and Training. The appointment is a tenure track position.
- Ph.D. or DBA in Business Administration Proficiency in two areas of business Knowledge of instructional technology Experience in teaching online and hybrid courses Experience in adult education or understanding of adult learning theories Corporate experience preferred Quality Matters Online Teaching Certification preferred
The program offers an online MBA in management.
- Coordinate administrative functions for the MBA program Teach a reduced load of graduate courses Approves capstone projects Represent the College at community and professional meetings Serve as the program spokesperson Prepare course materials Provide students syllabus that delineates course objectives, learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, textbooks, reading assignments timelines, evaluation criteria, and other deliverables Use the College’s learning management system to post syllabus, assignments, and other materials and to communicate with students Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles and provide interesting and engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, or examinations; provide feedback promptly on student progress Be available for student consultation by phone or email by scheduling online office hours Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments and grades, submit class rosters and grade by the deadlines established by the College Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available, and use feedback to improve course delivery Revise and update course content as needed Meet with the Dean or Program Chair as needed to discuss all aspects of the course, including student progress and curriculum development (may be required to provide input into program development) Assist Program Director and Dean in the collection of assessment data for the online program Programmatically advise online students using group or other advising methods
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching diverse learners Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles Ability to use technology effectively in teaching Respect for students and a genuine interest in their learning Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues Experience with teaching online or hybrid format
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- The Division Dean evaluates the performance of this job in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian College Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.