Professor In Counseling With School Counseling Emphasis - RGCLocation:
Del Rio, Uvalde or Eagle PassDepartment:
Education RGCPosting Date:
- Successful candidates will have an earned doctoral degree in Counselor of Education or School Counseling. Certified as a professional school counselor in Texas from an accredited institution of higher education;
- Minimum of two years of practical experience as a K-12 school counselor
- Knowledge of school counseling certification in Texas;
- Professional identity as a counselor educator and school counselor;
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses;
- Professional experience and research expertise in school counseling and supervision in public school settings
- Experience with teaching in an asynchronous and synchronous learning environment
- Curriculum design and articulation
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Technology proficiency including educational technology, Microsoft Office applications and online communication tools;
- Distinguished scholarly accomplishments;
- Experience building collaborations with local communities and strengthening school counseling programs.
- Licensure as a professional counselor (LPC) with Supervisor designation in the state of Texas
- Evidence of university teaching and research activity appropriate for currency rank.
- Bilingual and biliterate (Spanish)
- Experience and coursework in special populations, ESL, & Bilingual
- Experience with organizing and monitoring field experience.
- Research focusing on school counseling;
- Experience leading diverse and interdisciplinary teams of professionals and/or stakeholders
Prior University teaching experience.
Blackboard experience.Primary Responsibilities:
Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College seeks a dynamic leader and educator for a full-time position in Education with an emphasis in school counseling includes teaching, research and service with a workload that collaborate with colleagues and supervisors, perform committee work as assigned and participate in professional development and mentoring emerging educators. The position will also be contributing actively to decisions affecting the Department of Education. This position reports to the Chair of the Department of Education.Essential Functions:
- Fulfill all faculty roles and responsibilities as outlined in the Employee and Faculty handbook.
- Collaborate with the department chair and the Director of Teacher Education program to ensure compliance with Texas Education agency TEA requirements.
- Recruit and advise students
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequently moves equipment or paperwork weighing up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Use of manual dexterity
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- The person in this position frequently communicates with students; must be able to exchange accurate information
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move from office to classroom
- Office and classroom setting
- Ability to work extended hours and attend Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College or community events
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times.
This position is security sensitive.Other Information:
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.About SRSU:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College is a non-residential, upper level institution offering junior, senior and graduate courses in the liberal arts non-traditional with an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students each semester. Rio Grande College offers classes at Eagle Pass, Del Rio, and Uvalde in the southwest Texas border region.