Research Program Assistant
Emergency Medicine is seeking a Research Program Assistant (RPA)
who will work under the direction of the Research Program Manager and will primarily perform participant recruitment, interviewing, surveying, tracking, quality control and data entry for a research studies in the Department.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis; the RPA will perform other related duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Use internal software tools, database, and script guidelines to determine eligibility, obtain oral consent and recruit candidates into research studies
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all assigned protocols and reporting requirements
- Collect patient specimens (e.g., blood draws, urine, or saliva) and other patient data from a variety of sources
- Complete data entry regarding participant information
- Make follow-up survey calls to enrolled participants
- Assist project manager as necessary regarding typing, filing, faxing, mass mailings, chart review, and literature searches
- Run routine data queries
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some related experience.
- Reliable transportation required.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some college courses preferred.
- Bilingual (fluency in Spanish and English preferred).
- Must be comfortable collecting saliva, urine, or blood samples from patients.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, including software applications, databases, mathematical and statistical tools, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; independent and self-motivated.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong, positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across disciplines and within a variety of cultures.
- This person will be working up to 19 hours a week.
- Must be available to work 6-8 hour shifts at a time, between the hours of 8:00 am and midnight, Saturdays and Sundays. Must be flexible and available to work evenings.
Classified Title: Research Program Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 - $18.50/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Sat-Sun, 8AM-Midnight, 6-8 Hour Shifts
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Em Med Research
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Program-Assistant-MD-21287/892371200/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency