Search #: 496409
Work type: Full-time
Location: Waterbury Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
Assistant Director of Campus Operations oversees and coordinates day-to-day operations for the Waterbury campus. The position will have all campus facilities key management, campus space allocations, asset/procurement management, and special projects. The Assistant Director will also serve as the primary liaison with campus facilities, campus police, and external partners providing services to the campus buildings. The position will work closely with the Director of Operations on information technology initiatives including management of campus websites and social media platforms. The successful candidate will also assist the Director and Associate Director with developing strategies to meet short and long-term goals for future facilities and other space planning initiatives and ensure the execution of these priorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees campus operations, including campus and classroom inventories and furnishings; way-finding; signage; key management, including electronic key systems; and other related matters.
- Coordinates with Campus Director, UConn Facilities, private property management companies, and other external partners, including City of Waterbury, Waterbury Police Department, Waterbury Fire Department, UConn Police Department, Fire Marshall, technical services, on day-to-day as well as cyclical projects and needs.
- Manages the operation and administration of campus events in accordance with Campus goals and objectives; oversees program coordination and logistics, including working with University scheduling software, managing reservations contracts, and billing; prepares necessary reports; resolves problems and makes changes to accommodate changing priorities and needs.
- Collaborates with the Center for Students with Disabilities to assist with any classroom accommodations as needed.
- Working with the Director of Operations and IT staff, helps manage campus websites and social media platforms.
- Serves as campus liaison for University parking and transportation services.
- Serves as the campus liaison with the One Card Office to help faculty, staff, and students obtain IDs, manage, and activate IDs for campus access.
- Assists science faculty and staff on all lab inspection and safety reports.
- In consultation with the Director's Office, coordinates and manages the faculty, staff, and students' space needs, requests, and logistics.
- Serves as project manager and departmental liaison for special projects.
- Monitors and inspects projects performed on University property with the responsibility to ensure that contracted work is in compliance with contract terms and obligations; that departmental maintenance activities are completed in accordance with University policies and resolves most problems, referring only the most complex problems to the supervisor.
- Consults with and provides technical support to University personnel to determine physical facility requirements for their activities.
- Serves as the chair of the Waterbury campus Workmen's Comp/Safety Committee and as a member on other University and campus committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of relevant experience in facilities operations, project management, and/or event management.
- Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily complete increasingly complex projects.
- Experience utilizing institutional enterprise systems and software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others as needed.
- A minimum of two years related experience in an academic setting.
- Experience with website development
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496409 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 15, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 03 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 15 2022 Eastern Daylight Time