Program Director Family Nurse Practitioner Track, DNP Program, Assistant/Associate ProfessorJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a creative leader to coordinate curriculum, teaching, and evaluation in its newly created Family Nurse Practitioner Program in the Leighton School of Nursing. This Director will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by promoting unity in diversity and integrating its intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Collaborates and reports to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in the Leighton School of Nursing (LSON)
- Develops and maintains the Family Nurse Practitioner program curriculum
- Contributes to LSON budget to main adequate program resources
- Oversees on-going FNP program and curricula quality improvement initiatives
- Teaches a minimum of 3 credit hour courses in the LSON graduate program, each semester
- Assists in the development of graduate courses
- Engages in scholarly work and community service activities
- Works with faculty to create excellence in nursing education
- Provides oversight of compliance with accreditation standards
- Provides and implements strategies to facilitate growth of the program
- Fulfills all other duties and responsibilities for the faculty position as designated in the LSON Faculty Handbook
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Doctoral Degree in Nursing (PhD or DNP)
- Current certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Current licensure as an APRN in state of residence
- Valid RN license and credentials to practice as an FNP in the state of Indiana.
- Experience in administering an FNP program including curriculum design, accreditation process and outcome assessment.
- Evidence of recent clinical practice as an FNP
- Evidence of current and ongoing professional activities to maintain certification.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching in an academic nursing program
- Evidence of scholarship.
- Engagement in professional organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, responses to the supplemental mission questions, and three letters of recommendation.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P048FNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: