Job Location: Fort Wayne Campus - Fort Wayne, IN
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor's
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services, and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan. Visit the Indiana Tech Career Center at Career Center - Career Center (indianatech.edu).
This individual will seek to establish relationships not only with organizations but more importantly, those hiring managers and directors specifically working in STEM careers. While working with the Career Center for the identification of relevant employer partners, the Outreach Coordinator will work seamlessly with faculty and the Career Center to promote a smooth transition in the customer service arena, while connecting employer/community partners to the appropriate faculty members for collaboration. It will be key for this individual to serve as a connector and relationship developer. Key Constituencies
Employer partners; alumni and alumni relations; established company contacts; faculty, program chairs, and deans; relevant industry associations; and student organizations. Relationships Across Departments
The Outreach Coordinator will work in-hand with members of the College of Engineering and Computer Science, the appropriate departments in both the College of Arts & Sciences and the College of Business. In addition, it will be imperative that this individual also collaborate extensively with the Career Center, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Strategic Partnerships, Admissions staff, and the Alumni and Institutional Advancement Offices. Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and cultivate relationships with targeted employers and organizations through site visits, lunches, association meetings, conferences, etc. Develop ongoing marketing strategies and materials to bring greater visibility of the university to relevant employers and industries. The purposes of these relationships are to:
- Grow the number of internships, projects, co-op experiences, and full-time employment opportunities advertised to the university's students.
- Create greater visibility of the university and its students within relevant professional communities.
- Grow the number of employer interactions on campus including, but not limited to, visits, on-campus interviews, and information sessions.
- Advise and counsel employers about the most effective means of identifying potential job candidates to meet the employer's specific needs, including, but not limited to campus recruitment, job postings, internships, career fairs, class/organization presentations, and resume searches.
- Track job market demand, use of education and career centers, and hiring results for students in various academic majors; formulate strategies for achieving greater participation rates for those majors that underuse available resources.
- Work with the Career Center to ensure quality customer service, assist in the collection and analysis of survey data, and follow up with informal feedback to all constituents. Make recommendations as to how to improve the quality of the programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of local and national employment market trends and their actual and potential impact on the training and hiring of college students and graduates.
- Coordinate outreach activities, when appropriate, with other university departments and personnel, requesting letters of support from employers willing to support grants and funding projects.
- Participate in career development programs, including, but not limited to, helping develop & run events that include employer participation, workshops, employer seminars, and meetings within and outside of the university.
- Perform other duties as assigned to advance the goals and objectives of the university.
- Minimum of two years of experience in recruiting, human resources, career services, or other related fields; demonstrated experience in employer relations.
- Ability to work productively within a high-functioning team.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and willing to take risks.
- Strong oral and professional communication skills, presentation and public speaking skills, strategic planning and decision-making ability, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in report writing and/or industry analysis.
- Knowledge of internet resources, Excel, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint.
- Master's degree preferred in human resources, counseling, higher education administration, business, or related field. Bachelor's degree required.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Regional travel to employers, conferences, or events may be required. Must pass an MVR check and be insurable to drive. Application materials must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants must be prepared to provide a written response to Tech's vision and diversity statements. For preferential review of materials, please apply by July 15, 2022.