Job no: 514461
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Athletics, Probationary, Full Time
Reporting to and receiving general supervision from the Women’s Basketball Head Coach, the Creative Content and Video Coordinator works independently to provide video technology support and creative content for the women’s basketball coaching staff. The incumbent produces graphic and video content for recruiting and social media, plans, coordinates and provides day-to-day video services including practice and game video support, management of workstations and network, and technical support.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day video and technology services and provide technical expertise and support to basketball staff
- Work with numerous cameras and equipment (HD Camcorders) to record practices, games and miscellaneous content
- Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance on equipment
- Work with XOS Thunder to edit and organize practices, games, cutups, and more in an efficient, effective manner
- Coordinate travel, setting up meeting rooms, and having computers ready for coaches to view media at road games
- Support client network, including software and hardware upgrades and implementation as related to video applications
- Work with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and InDesign to produce high volumes of graphics and video content for recruiting and social media, while maintaining a strong quality of work
- Work with tight deadlines and respond to multiple constituents and prioritize projects, including working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Provide leadership during practices and games with student workers. Recruit, train, develop and help manage student workers
- Delegate and oversee projects accordingly
- Develop and implement best working procedures
- Troubleshoots issues on the field during practices and games
- Assist in digital and analog archiving of all practice and game video content recorded by department, other colleges and NBA teams
- Keep archive well-organized so content is easily accessible by department and coaches
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of production techniques and equipment
- Proficiency with XOS Thunder and ThunderCloud to edit practices and games and create cutups
- General knowledge of production principles and practices for instructional media
- Strong organizational skills to independently manage and coordinate production, budgets and other projects
- Strong leadership skills to manage, develop and lead students and other staff to put them in a position to be successful
- Strong communication skills to work with coaches and troubleshoot issues
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative on new projects is preferred
- Ability to develop, create, stage and/ or produce professional quality visuals and evaluate production effectiveness in meeting objectives
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and/or InDesign required
- Ability to understand new techniques and understand operating procedures and underlying technology in order to use and troubleshoot equipment and systems
- Ability to produce high volumes of graphics, while maintaining a strong quality of work
- Ability to take and incorporate feedback to improve designs and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong research skills and broad knowledge of resources and techniques which communicate information through multimedia productions
- Anticipates and/or responds effectively to changing trends and circumstances, welcomes fresh perspectives, and learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly for making graphics and posting to social media accounts
- Ability to work with and train students involved in filming or editing practices and games as well as in creating graphics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible full time work experience in still and motion picture photography, including a thorough knowledge of video production techniques. A combination of education and experience may be considered
A valid driver's license is required for this position. Out of state candidates selected for the position must obtain a State of California driver's license within 10 days of hire in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles regulations.
Once hired the employee must successfully complete the Defensive Driver Training Program provided by the State of California for California State University campuses.
- Basketball video experience in an athletics setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of XOS system
Classification: Media Production Specialist - II (non-exempt)
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,305/month - $4,653/month
CSU Hiring Range: $3,515/month - $6,358/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: May 31, 2022 through June 14, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at [email protected].
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at [email protected].
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: May 31, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled