: ROXBURY CROSSING, MAPosted:
: May 31, 2022Closes:
: Jul 29, 2022 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: FacultyPosition ID:
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College serving a diverse community, including peoples of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Radiologic Technology faculty is a knowledgeable, and flexible individual who provides classroom, simulation laboratory, and/or clinical instruction for assigned courses in the Radiologic Technology program. Under the direction of the Program Director, serves to coordinate the development, organization, implementation, and evaluation of the clinical curriculum. Collaborates with clinical preceptors, and serves as primary communication link between the program and affiliating Clinical Education Settings. The faculty works with the program director and other faculty in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the program and participates in college service as well as student advisement. The faculty is committed to inclusive excellence, equity, diversity, and continuous professional improvement.
Supervision Received: Program Director
- Demonstrates teaching effectiveness in the clinical areas of specialty.
- Develops instructional material consistent with course objectives and at the direction of the Radiologic Technology program.
- Collaborates with faculty colleagues and radiologic technology program staff to develop, support and implement the philosophy, conceptual framework, objectives and policies of the program.
- Collaborates with all faculty colleagues to develop a radiologic technology curriculum plan that shall provide a variety of learning experiences consistent with the program mission, philosophy and radiologic technology education outcomes.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills.
- Evaluates student's clinical/lab performance according to established criteria.
- Serves as a professional role model for radiologic technology students and potential radiologic technology students.
- Participates departmental, division, & college committees as needed.
- Maintains current expertise through professional development.
- Hold current Massachusetts RT license.
- Hold current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and registration
- Bachelor's degree or higher or expected graduation date prior to August 30, 2022.
- Document two years' clinical experience in the Radiologic Technologist discipline.
- Experience in collaborative work environments.
- Post-secondary clinical or classroom teaching experience.
- Knowledge of cultural competency skills framework.
- Experience with equity-minded work and working with individuals of diverse identities such as socioeconomic level, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity and veterans, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a variety of alternative instructional methodologies and assessment strategies.
- Master's Degree in related field.
This is a full-time, union position, with full benefits.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S
Salary Range: Assistant Professor* $45,273 - $57,126, Unit Faculty.
*Actual salary will be commensurate with Education and Experience in accordance with the MCCC Collective Bargaining
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum
of services to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of
employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation. Including but not limited to:
- Reasonable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
All offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check
review. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and/or all persons who have an employment relationship
with RCC, as deemed necessary.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully
vaccinated by January 3, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination
status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its
programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of
1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning
discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX
Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.