Assistant Women's Soccer CoachAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
AthleticsProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
Texas A&M-Commerce, a member of the Southland Athletic Conference seeks to hire an individual for the full-time position of Assistant Coach for Women’s Soccer. This is a 12-month, full time position. This position will report directly to the Head Women’s Soccer Coach. Applicants must have a commitment to and responsibilty for adhering to all rules and regulations of Texas A&M-Commerce, Southland Conference, and the NCAA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student-athletes for the women’s soccer program.
- Assist in team coaching and individual player development.
- Coordinates all team and individual travel for the purpose of team competition and player recruitment.
- Coordinates all team meals, home and away.
- Assists in scouting and video preparation to prepare teams for competition.
- Coordinate procurement and inventory control of equipment and apparel for team, staff, and camps.
- Assists in monitoring academic, social, and personal development of the women’s soccer student-athletes.
- Develops and maintain effective relationships and communications with students, communications with students, colleagues, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, donors, and public.
- Understand and apply NCAA, Southland Conference, and University regulations, standards, and policies. Must pass the NCAA recruiting exam annually.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or his designee.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivelent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Prior experience as part of a Women’s Soccer program or organization. Knowledge of NCAA rules. Must be self-motivated and team oriented.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Other Requirements: The duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed in a competent manner following the highest standards for leadership, professionalism, integrity, accountability, responsibility, cooperation, and customer service. Must be willing and able to travel and work evenings and weekends.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.