Job Title Facilitator of Advancement Services
Department Mission and Advancement
Reports to Vice President of Mission and Advancement
Responsible for managing the Presentation College database which supports the fundraising functions of the College. The Facilitator also plays a critical role in the Colleges signature events: Homecoming/Reunion Weekend, an annual Gala, and the annual Golf with the Saints Tournament. This position works closely with the Director of Development. Reports to the Vice President of Mission and Advancement.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Oversight and Management of the Colleges Fundraising/Development CRM System: Raiser’s Edge
- Plan, direct, supervise, and participate in the administration and maintenance of the alumni/development database (Raiser’s Edge) for fundraising and alumni activities, and for a variety of reporting functions
- Serve as project leader and facilitator on all major database implementations, upgrades, and enhancements
- This requires maintaining good communication with software and account management representatives and other partners that support our Advancement operations.
- Prepare basic Raiser’s Edge address files through database queries to use in performing mail merges with word processing software for a variety of direct mail campaigns
- Process donations received to the college via electronic transfer (EFT, credit card, etc.), checks, gifts-in-kind, etc., following IRS regulations, and industry best practices
- Per AFP guidelines, ensure that donors are receipted for all gifts within 7-days
- Personal commitment to develop expertise in area of IRS tax code related to gifts and gift acceptance and Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), The Donor Bill of Rights, and Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) standards is critical.
- Perform complex record information retrieval using query tools to create specialized reports, downloads, statistics, and listings for the College Advancement staff. This includes the data files for a variety of solicitation channels, including direct mail, email, and crowdfunding
- Confidentiality and discreet judgment about constituents and their relationship to Presentation College is imperative
- Prepare prospect research reports which include donor profiles, biographies, etc. for the President, Vice President of Advancement, Director of Development, and other key colleagues
- Provide a variety of monthly and quarterly reports to department, trustees, and other campus colleagues in an effort to support their analysis, goal setting and outreach initiatives
- In conjunction with all college departments, prepare email notices as needed for alumni and other constituents via the Raisers Edge system
- Perform all necessary procedures for providing data downloads for Alumni Relations to support various communications and programs with constituent groups
- An understanding of alumni, parent and corporate-foundation relations, and the nature of higher education in general, is desirable.
- Comprehensive capital campaign database management is also desirable, as the College prepares for the public phase of an anticipated $10M campaign.
- Participate in all Mission and Advancement team meetings and events
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; Masters preferred
- Experience in database design and information systems management (CRM) required
- Alternately, the successful candidate may possess any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- considerable knowledge of word processing software, primarily high-level functionality involving data imports and document merges
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Knowledge and Experience
This position supports the creation and dissemination of a full range of reports and information to support the ongoing work of the Mission and Advancement department by ensuring that charitable gift and biographical data are entered consistently, accurately, and in compliance with college policies, Internal Revenue Services (IRS) regulations, and industry best practices. The personal commitment to develop expertise in areas of the IRS tax code related to gifts and gift acceptance and Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Donor Bill of Rights, and Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) standards is critical.
Working Conditions Work is performed in an office setting, at home, and in event settings (golf courses, convention space, restaurants, etc.) with many interruptions and distractions; the employee will be required to work or attend meetings and events in the evenings and/or on weekends.Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office, event space; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time up to five consecutive hours; lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 25 lbs.; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.