Title:Adjunct Faculty - Arts & Humanities - Communications Studies/Media Production Requisition Code:S2200502 Location:Galloway - Main Campus Job Category:Adjunct Faculty Department:Arts & Humanities Posted Date:05/27/2022 Overview:Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu
Faculty and Staff are committed to Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
This is an in-person on campus, non-remote position.
Successful candidates will be required to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccine status prior to their start date. Religious or Medical waivers may be requested at the time of employment offer.
The School of Arts & Humanities at Stockton University is actively looking for qualified adjuncts (part-time) instructors to teach courses in the Communication Studies program teaching Media Production for the Fall 2022-Spring 2023 semesters. Opportunities may exist to teach a flexible schedule that may include teaching assignments during days and evenings.
Please visit the School of Arts & Humanities webpage www.stockton.edu/arhu for additional information about our programs and course offerings.
The Communication Studies program in the School of Arts and Humanities is seeking an adjunct to teach courses in Media Production and digital visual storytelling. More specifically the courses to be taught are digital production editing, video and documentary production and media aesthetics.
- Knowledge of current editing software a must, Adobe Premiere and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as current knowledge and experience with professional DSLR and field production cameras, lighting, and audio equipment
- Knowledge and experience using MAC computers required
- Master's Degree in Communication with a focus in digital storytelling, digital media production and collegiate teaching experience
Required Documents:Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Interest, Scholarly or Creative Work Samples, Teaching Philosophy Statement, Unofficial Transcripts How To Apply:
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of three recent professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email Address and Telephone
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- One page teaching philosophy statement
- Samples of scholarly or creative work (e.g. documents, video, etc.)
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.