Research Compliance & Reporting Specialist #443439FTE:
Sponsored Program AdministrationJob Summary/Basic Function:
About This Role:
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs Administration at Lamar University is pleased to invite applications for the position of Research Compliance & Reporting Specialist. The specialist interfaces with researchers at Lamar University to ensure research is ethically sound, performed in a safe working environment, and provides training to faculty and students in conducting responsible research. The specialist will also work with the Associate Provost of Research for reporting externally funded grant activities to THECB, the University Community, and TSUS Administration. The specialist will be responsible for compiling, preparing documenting, managing and ensuring sponsored programs’ compliance attainment for the university’s research enterprise as required by federal granting agencies, as well as promoting ethical conducts in performing research. The successful candidate is expected to provide professional guidance and support to faculty in a busy, fast-paced academic environment. The position serves as a source of expertise for (1) Institutional Review Board (IRB) for human subjects’ studies, (2) Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) for animal related studies, (3) Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), (4) Conflict of Interest (COI), (5) export control, and (6) Responsible Research Conduct. The selected candidate is also responsible for coordinating the needed training for research compliance through the CITI training portal for the research community at Lamar University.
What You’ll Do – Position Duties
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
Who We Are:
- This position will serve as the point of contact for all IRB, IACUC, IBC, COI, and export control compliance activities.
- Performs analysis of protocols to review for completeness and compliance with regulations related to university’s IRB, IACUC, IBC, COI and export control compliance policies.
- Ensures faculty research is conducted in compliance with study protocols, institutional policy and federal guidelines.
- Responsible for oversight and coordination related to Responsible Conduct of Research training and records maintenance for all personnel working on sponsored projects.
- Ensure all individuals conducting research have completed training in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with Pre-Award Manager, Director of Research and AVP of Research to ensure all proposal submissions are in compliance with federal rules and regulations.
- Responsible for evaluating allegations of scientific misconduct in accordance with federal regulations and university requirements under the direct supervision of the AVP of Research.
- Collect and compile data related to Lamar University’s research enterprise and produce institutional research reports.
- Exercise judgement and ensure interactions with faculty, personnel, and external agencies are always professional and courteous.
- Coordinate with faculty, registrar, and other stake holders to facilitate allocation of space in the S&T building for use in classroom instruction, special events, meetings and symposiums.
- Assist in managing key card access to educational and research space in the S&T building.
- Assist in managing funded research activities of faculty and coordinate activities with post-award.
- Attend and participate in group and project meetings.
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond. Lamar University is home to more than 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100 degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are always proud to be Cardinals.
Lamar University is committed to fostering a culture of diversity where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds can learn, work, and serve.Benefits – Job Perks:
At Lamar University one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- State of Texas Retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays.
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or STEM related field from an accredited higher education institution .
- 1-year of working experience as a specialist in business administration and/or technical areas.
- 1-year experience writing institutional reports.
- 2-years relevant experience in reviewing and interpreting federal rules and guidelines, and/or upholding policies to ensure institution follows relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and as a member of a team;
- Excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to maintain and foster confidentiality;
- Interest to provide excellent customer service;
- Experience in documenting and reporting;
- Ability to plan work, set priorities, and respond to pressures, deadlines, and changes in schedules and priorities;
- Ability to use sound judgement to maintain compliance with university policies as well as state and federal laws; and
- Proficiency in data management, spreadsheets, and other computer software.
- With or without accommodation: Will require an individual to perform office duty for 40 hours per week. Some activities could involve applicant to work with international students. Will frequently be required to perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, speak clearly and listening comprehension.
- This position may require occasional evening and/or weekends to meet university and departmental needs.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications:
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
Security Sensitive Statement:
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Member of PRIM&R and/or Certified IRB Professional (CIP).
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
$48,713 - $58,968Posting Date:
05/24/2022Open Until Filled: