Administrative Assistant Grants and Payroll ProcessingJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews Marian University is seeking an Administrative Assistant Grants and Payroll Processing.
The Center for Vibrant Schools Administrative Assistant- Grants and Payroll is responsible for coordinating the administrative data and information management throughout the grant process. This role is responsible for and fiscal an programmatic reporting of grants, including but not limited to state and federal grants and private foundations and corporations. This is a full-time 2 year contracted position. The Administrative Grant Assistant will work with the Director of the Center for Vibrant Schools team to ensure that grant management documents, procedures and implementation are executed professionally efficiently on schedule and in a manner consistent with best practices.
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Prepare and complete grant-related expense reports, check requests and invoices
- Work closely with the finance team to monitor grants and collaborate to obtain any needed financial reports.
- Ensure that grant programs and projects are on target for expenditures and address any budget concerns in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as comfortable in data entry
- Skills and Experience Competent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Administrative duties involve answering phone calls, client & partner, supply ordering, maintaining necessary records, invoice processing, reimbursement processing, and grant budget support.
- Provide strong administrative support to peers and executive leadership.
- Schedule and confirm meetings
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements for the Position:
- Associate’s degree in related field or 3-5 years in relevant experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management, staff, clients, and departments
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to swiftly respond to multiple demanding situations and switch gears quickly
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, internet research, and accurate typing skills
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:https://www.marian.edu/faithPosting Number:
P198SNumber of Vacancies:
1Quick Link for Internal Postings: