: Staff PositionsSubscribe:
: Student Access, Involvement & SuccessLocations:
: Valhalla, NYPosted:
: May 25, 2022Closes:
: Aug 31, 2022 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: AASAIS52522Position ID:
About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
The Administrative Assistant (WCC) - SAIS:
- Monitors, maintains, and reports on the SAIS budget, inclusive of SAIS department budgets, to ensure appropriate funding remains available for division operational needs; coordinates the processing of fund transfers as necessary.
- Prepares the annual SAIS Division Budget in consultation with SAIS Deans & Directors for approval by the Vice President, for submission to the Business Office.
- Prepares expenditures to the SAIS budget in consultation with SAIS Deans & Directors for approval by the Vice President, by producing and processing claim forms/requisitions.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of college policies and procedures related to purchasing/contracts, budgeting, and payroll to ensure SAIS units maintain compliance.
- Maintains relationships with WCC fiscal offices (i.e. Purchasing, Business Office, Payroll, etc) to ensure timely processing of SAIS fiscal needs/forms/requests.
- Maintains the SAIS Vice President's calendar and schedules appointments as needed with other administrative offices within and outside the College.
- Edits materials and drafts or independently composes correspondence and other documents on behalf of the SAIS Vice President as needed.
- Reviews, routes and/or responds to incoming emails, mail, phone calls/messages and other communications sent to the SAIS Vice President.
- Prepares agendas, attends meetings, takes and distributes notes/minutes as necessary in support of the SAIS division.
- Coordinates the Special Travel for the SAIS division, including the preparation and processing of travel authorizations and reimbursements.
- Monitors, creates, and/or sends announcements out to the College community from the SAIS Vice President.
- Coordinates administrative support required for SAIS search and screen committees as assigned.
- Supports SAIS Office Assistants and Secretaries by providing training and on-going support on policies, procedures, and best practices within the Division and College to ensure efficient and consistent operations within the division.
- Coordinates the development of SAIS IT equipment needs/requests, inclusive of software and hardware, with WCC Information Technology.
- Researches, compiles and prepares division reports for the approval of the Vice President, in consultation with SAIS Deans & Directors, that may include, but is not limited to the SAIS Division's Annual Report and the SAIS Division Master/Five Year Plan.
- Serves on SAIS and College wide committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor's degree and three years of experience where the primary function of the position was staff services. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to identify and resolve complex problems efficiently and independently, and independently perform a full range of confidential and administrative support services are also required. (Note: Staff service functions are generally support or back up functions to higher-level administrators. This could involve office management; participation in budget preparation and monitoring; payroll and personnel type functions; involvement in the development and/or review of department-wide practices and procedures; evaluating departmental operations; participation in planning; financial recordkeeping, accounting and management activities; purchasing; public relations, community relations, public information activities; and other similar functions.)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The individual should have experience supporting a diverse, inclusive fast-paced, and student-centered workplace.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $67,417 plus excellent benefits.
Applicants must apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. You must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please login to: https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents. The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.
The College will provide equal opportunity in all of its employment practices to all persons without unlawful discrimination on the basis of political affiliation, age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, membership in any reserve component of the armed forces, or use or non-use of lawful products off College premises during nonworking hours, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.