Job Location: University of Silicon Valley - San Jose, CA
Position Type: Part Time/Adjunct
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Travel Percentage: Regular Travel
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Education
Transfer knowledge including theory, practical skills, methods, and techniques. Impart practical application of principles, techniques, and software. Other aspects of teaching include; supervision of instructional activities, such as cooperative work experiences, internships, and practice; instructional management, tutoring; curriculum and course development; and creation of teaching and instructional materials.
- Character Rigging - emphasis on character rigging techniques: joints, surface binding, articulation, forward and inverse kinematics and hierarchical node structures
- Storyboarding - principles of Storytelling in a visual medium to pre-visualize animation or live action film. Topics include scale and camera angle, camera movement, character staging, composition and basic editing processes
- 2D Animation, level 2 - Advanced study of facial animation and expression with introduction to animal characters and animation
- Modeling – introduction to hard and organic surface modeling
- Lighting and Layout - lighting , scene composition, blocking
- Digital Painting - painting textures for shaders and fully realized scenes
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach several classes per semester
- Collaborate with department faculty in curriculum implementation, student support, and continuous program improvement.
- Ensure curriculum and syllabi are up to date and all classes have relevant materials through program review
- Maintain regular office hours outside of instructional time
- Participate in department meetings and student success initiatives
- Participate in program learning assessment
- Maintain industry knowledge
- Other duties and related projects as assigned
This job operates in a classroom environment on-ground and/or online with extensive people interaction. Classes may be scheduled at night, during the day, as well as on weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods; use hands and reach with hands and arms for such activities as keyboarding.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change at any time.
Master’s Degree in Related Field OR Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree is only acceptable with extensive industry experience.
- Experience working with Maya software for animation, modeling, rigging or lighting of content in animations/films.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working at a professional level with practical domain specific experience.
- Teaching experience in an academic or professional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work with and help students. Ability and willingness to discern and meet the needs of students.
- Skilled in storyboarding, digital painting, concept art, and 2D animation
- Strong computer skills including ability to collect and analyze information.
- Competent in a wide variety of tools or techniques related to the pertinent field.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Ability to establish interpersonal rapport and relate to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work with others in a collegial and productive manner.