COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
Job no: 500388
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Fund Raising, Development, Alumni
Status: Full Time
Job Title:Director of Development, College of Arts and ScienceHours Per Week:
The Director of Development for College of Arts and Science will help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University through its major gift program.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over 120 different fields of study. The College of Arts and Science is the oldest and largest college at Miami and has over 48% of the student body enrolled in its majors and 100% of Miami students will take one or more classes within the college. The College currently has over 82,000 living alumni.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis, following a successful period of six (6) months of employment. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
• Serve as a vital member of the College of Arts and Science development team and work closely with the Assistant Vice President to meet the fundraising priorities and strategic initiatives of the College
• Work closely with the Assistant Vice President in the development of the team’s fundraising efforts and strategies
• Engage with senior leadership of the College and University
• Serve as a liaison between the University Advancement office and the College of Arts and Science.
• Effect solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends alone and with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers
• Develop and maintain a prospect pool focused primarily on $100,000 plus prospects.
• Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faculty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
• Encourage and coordinate the involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events
• Develop and implement assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for assigned prospects with the Office of Development staff, and university faculty and administrators.
• Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, sales, business development, and/or comparable work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
• Commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising
• Proven leadership techniques
• Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level and the ability to attend as scheduled evening and weekend events.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected]
or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Labor Law Posters for Applicants:Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
, and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 23 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time