The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Ticket ManagerJob Profile Title
Associate Director BJob Description Summary
The Ticket Manager supports the Athletic Operations department by managing all ticket inventories and sales systems/schedules, operational functions, strategic planning, communications, and customer service. Supervises all full-time and temporary ticket office staff focusing on sales and operations. Works Intercollegiate and Business Development events as assigned. Leads sales team focusing on renewals, past buyers, and outbound sales, exceeding individual and team sales goals. Prepares fiscal reports, reconciliations, and long range forecasting for senior administration. Cultivates current and potential customers through exemplary customer service. Assists with the marketing and promotion of ticketed events with DRIA staff through CRM system and works with Penn Champions Club to meet donor needs. This position receives direct administrative supervision and guidance from the Assistant Athletic Director, Athletic Operations.Job DescriptionResponsibilities
- Supervise ticket inventories/manifests for all DRIA facilities, events, & Business Development events. Manage ticketing platform contract. Set ticket sales schedules & execution.
- Manage Ticket Office operations to ensure proper staffing levels, PCI compliance, & enforcement of NCAA/University/DRIA policies. Supervise full-time & temporary sales & operations staff. Work DRIA & Business Development ticketed events managing ticket office & staff as assigned.
- Lead sales team focusing on renewing season ticket holders, returning past buyers, & soliciting new sales & group sales, internal and external to the Penn Community. Meet & exceed individual and team sales goals. Cultivate current and potential customers.
- Assist Director of Guest Operations with all financial reconciliations & reports within the Ticket Office as assigned. Recommend pricing level structures. Prepare final settlements & tax receipts for sales of tickets & all associated fees.
- Train & motivate all Ticket Office staff in all aspects of exemplary customer service. Work with Director of Guest Operations to develop & utilize customer service & operational manuals. Respond to customer & fan feedback in a timely & effective manner. Work with internal sales staff to advance platform skills for all staff.
- Work collaboratively with Assistant AD, Director of Guest Operations, marketing, & business development on strategic planning as well as annual revenue & sales goals. Assist with marketing & promotion of ticketed events across DRIA departments. Work with Penn Champions Club to meet donor seating needs.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree is required and 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A degree with an emphasis in sports management/administration, business administration, marketing, or other related field is preferred. A strong background in event management and ticket sales is required. Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal operations, preferably in a higher education setting strongly preferred. Requires effective organizational, management, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills. Computer literacy with ticket sales platforms is required, experience with Paciolan and Salesforce preferred. Outbound sales experience preferred. Previous supervisory experience of ticket office and sales staff strongly preferred. Ability to work evenings and weekends required.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate AthleticsPay Range
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Weightman-Hall/Ticket-Manager_JR00039251
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency