Saybrook University is seeking an Institutional Advancement Coordinator to join its Institutional Advancement Department
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Coordinator is responsible for:
Working under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the IA Coordinator (IA-C) will coordinate and guide the overall strategy, planning, and tasks related to IA marketing and communications to support philanthropic and engagement priorities. Daily project management tasks to support alumni relations, Saybrook Serves volunteer initiatives, giving campaigns, donor stewardship activities, database updates, and needed communication to donor and community partners. The IA-C will maintain and order branded items for stewardship and university awareness events.
Position Qualifications / Requirements:
Minimum qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Two – three years of combined data management experience with increasing responsibility, preferably in a higher education or non-profit environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency of computer applications including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign, and Zoom. Willingness to learn new computer-based systems and programs.
- Exceptional organization skills. Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/programs simultaneously, setting proper priorities within deadlines.
- Ability to partner productively with various staff, alumni, volunteers, donors, and prospects. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, utilize tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, and work well with diverse groups of people.
- Detailed knowledge of scheduling and managing complex calendars and travel itineraries while considering various time zones.
- Ability to efficiently triage and manage multiple email accounts.
- Compose, type, and proofread correspondence. Demonstrated writing skills to independently compose and prepare posts, memos, and meeting minutes.
- Analytical skills to formulate logical solutions, develop alternative solutions, and make recommendations.
- Maintain and update Outlook contact and email groups.
- Schedule stewardship correspondence.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings internally and with alumni, donors and sponsors.
- Coordination of mailings for events, campaigns, and stewardship.
- Manage marketing requisitions to support events and campaigns.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Periodic travel for university initiatives and event management is required.
- Experience in database systems and gift processing in a university or non-profit setting.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods.
- Must be able to lift to 20 lbs.
- The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision and adjusting focus. This would require lifting files, opening filing cabinets, and bending or standing on a stool.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Remote Hybrid Office / Home Work Environment: Expectation to work in the Pasadena office is minimum of 1 day per week; however, the frequency may vary during peak periods.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday - Friday, and usually from 9 am - 5:30 pm (Pacific Time); shift adjustments may be needed to accommodate projects and staff in other time zones. Weekend schedule adjustments may be required for events.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, scanning, cameras, and microphones.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.