Job Location: New York - New York City, NY
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $22.00 - $25.00 Hourly
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Education
New York Film Academy is committed to an inclusive work culture where peoples thoughts, ideas, concerns, and cultures are valued and respected. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and those sharing in our commitment to inclusivity. NYFA is a vaccine-mandated campus. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted, if eligible, against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Admissions Counselors are responsible for recruiting applicants for admissions to the institution, in accordance with state laws and accreditation regulations and consistent with the highest ethical standards. They also are familiar with all aspects of the admissions process and will need to be able to discuss, in general, topics such as program requirements, policies, and other admissions questions. Admissions Specialists regularly conduct interviews and auditions to determine the prospective students eligibility. They serve as an advocate for current students.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The day-to-day duties required of this position may vary.
- Reach out to prospective students via phone, email, and text through Admissions process
- Meet and interview prospective students
- Educate prospective students on the enrollment process
- Meet departmental goals for booked appointments, interviews performed and overall performance
- Initiate the admissions process for all prospective students upon the first contact
- Conduct interviews with walk-in students
- Answer prospective students questions
- Give tours of the campus and discussion of top selling points for the program of interest
- Conduct discussions of students' goals, recommendations regarding programs of interest, and general career counseling
- Facilitate the enrollment process for a student once interested in attending school
- Introduce students to financial aid representative to secure financing for prospective student (i.e. federal financial aid)
- Set up the date and time of the first day of school, prepare the student for orientation, and make sure paperwork is completely filed out
- CRM management: look through and update database daily
- Monitor outgoing calls or emails, follow up with potential students daily and continue relationships with rehab counselors and agency case managers
- Follow-up with students and refocus on progress through goal setting. Work closely with the staff to communicate student progress
- Develop and maintain knowledge of our industry, programs, and policies
- Work weekends and shifts that could range between the hours of 8 am until 8 pm
- Attend Open Houses (mandatory)
- Additional job duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with prospective students & parents
- Excellent customer service
- Hard working and diligent
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years admissions recruitment or customer service experience
- Valid passport & drivers license required
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales experience
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro's Tribeca Film Center in New York City and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; and Gold Coast, Australia.
The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy's goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFAs expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual. NYFA is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
New York Film Academy (NYFA) is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.