Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor | EngineeringDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
Liberty University is seeking remarkable faculty to teach online Engineering coursework, in Civil, Mechanical, and Industrial disciplines. If you are an exceptional academic or experienced professional who has the academic credentials to teach, along with the desire to prepare students for the critical thinking needed to launch a career, obtain a promotion or begin a career in a new field – we invite you to apply. Work with us and be part of preparing students to successfully lead with integrity.Minimum Qualifications:
Classes are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as the opportunity to chair doctoral research. For every level of degree program, there are a wide variety of courses that may fit your academic and professional experiences. Multiple positions are available.
Classes are offered in an asynchronous format, with some courses offered in an 8-week format and others offered in a 16-week format. Class assignments are done only at the request of the faculty member, with no minimum number of class assignments required.
Online faculty expectations:
• It is expected that an online faculty member will model a personal commitment to the goals and values of Liberty University, engage in an active commitment to, and experience of, personal spiritual formation within a biblically-informed Christian worldview. The candidate must be committed to the evangelical standards and mission of Liberty University.
• Teach from the approved curriculum in accordance with an assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
• Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
• Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
• Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive conduct with students and by getting in touch with, and offering assistance to absent students.
• Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
• Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
• Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking adjunct online faculty who have earned a graduate degree or doctorate in an Engineering discipline.Preferred Qualifications:
To teach at the baccalaureate level, faculty will need to possess a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline with experience desired. Relevant certifications are a definite plus.
To teach at the Master’s level, faculty will need to possess a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline and hold a related, conferred terminal degree.
3 – 5 years teaching experience either in a classroom or online or a combination of both. Minimum of 3 – 5 years applied experience in a related field.Work Hours:
05/20/2022Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview.Quicklink:
In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact the Faculty Hiring Office at [email protected]