Financial Services-Accounting Analyst HV-NTP-51922
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Troy,New York,United States
Application closes: 2022-06-26
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts; Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000 students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees, the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Hudson Valley seeks experienced, dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to join our team and continue to build on decades of successful service to our community.
Applications are being accepted for a Financial Services-Accounting Analyst on the Non-Teaching Professional staff for the Office of the Comptroller.
Financial Services-Accounting Analyst
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Qualifications for Employment:
Education (Minimum Requirement):
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field.
Employment Experience (Minimum Requirement):
Two years of accounting experience. Experience in reconciliation accounts with a computerized ERP system. Demonstrated analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Not-for-profit fund accounting experience. Experience with financial oversight of Federal and New York State grants. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Nature and Scope of Duties:
The Financial Services/Accounting Analyst reports to the Comptroller and performs the following duties:
1. Prepares, reviews and analyzes statistical and financial reports for internal (College) or external (Federal, State, etc.) distribution/submission.
2. Completes an analysis of accounts within the General Ledger in accordance with documented procedures and schedules.
3. Prepares institutional bank reconciliations.
4. Completes the annual Cost of Curriculum Study Report.
5. Assists with the student registration process as needed.
6. Prepares lease schedule and assist with plant fund accounting.
7. Completes annual calculations for auditors to include vacation accrual and termination benefits.
8. Responsible for preparation and interpretation of the College’s indirect cost rate proposed for Federal and State contracts and grants.
9. Responsible for working with the College’s independent auditors to reconcile the annual financial statements to the College’s financial reports.
10. Responsible for accounting for the Educational Opportunity Center.
11. Create, maintain and update Banner setup and rules in the Finance module of Banner system.
12. Test new Banner and SICAS releases.
13. Act as liaison with programmers to address unmet programming needs and test new programming.
14. Troubleshoot Banner problems related to processing and/or reporting.
15. Write queries to extract information for review and/or reporting.
16. Performs other duties assigned by the Comptroller.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time position with a salary range of $44,000-$48,000.
Hudson Valley offers a competitive benefit package which includes low cost health insurance, partial remote work and a generous leave policy.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online application before the close date of June 26, 2022.
Hudson Valley provides educational access to a diverse community of traditional and non-traditional learners in an environment that fosters lifelong learning and freedom of inquiry and expression. Hudson Valley values equity, inclusion, and dignity for all.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer