Education Program Manager
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
The Stanford University School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education (SCCME) program promotes continuous improvement in patient health care by providing physicians and other health care professionals with high quality, evidence-based educational activities focusing on advances in medicine, new medical technology, biomedical research, and changes in the health care environment. The overall goal of the program is to augment physician knowledge, enhance competence and performance in practice, and ultimately improve patient outcomes. To learn more about our educational programs, please visit us at http://cme.stanford.edu
SCCME is seeking an Education Program Manager for its expanding portfolio of education initiatives. The ideal candidate is an experienced and dynamic leader who can help create educational programming serving audiences within SCCME's education mission. This position reports to the Managing Director and will work in close coordination with Stanford CME teams and Stanford faculty to help SCCME develop educational programming and related initiatives for clinicians and healthcare providers across the nation. The Education Program Manager will ensure the success of SCCME's educational activities and develop future initiatives, both within SCCME itself and in close collaboration with partners internal and external to Stanford. Future initiatives may be in similar veins or create new areas of educational programming. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and work across complex organizations, and audience sets required by the position's programmatic responsibilities and SCCME's mission and values.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated competencies in strategic and systems thinking, decision-making, influence without authority, communication (both written and spoken), operations, and the ability to handle and navigate ambiguous situations successfully. In addition, experience in coordination and administration of education curriculum and implementation and evaluation of training programs (university, corporate, organization-wide programs/plans) is required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to interpret and analyze reports, resolve problems, and apply standards and regulations.This background will be demonstrated as follows:
- You are a passionate educator. You have experience developing continuing education programs and curricula specifically aimed at adults. You can lead the design of educational activities from conception to completion with little oversight.
- You are meticulous and organized. You are exceptionally organized and an independent self-starter possessing excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated judgment, reasoning, and the ability to collaborate. You are an experienced planner with excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- You thrive in a dynamic, open, and collaborative work environment. You are at home in a lean environment with the ability to stay focused and nimble in the face of rapid change. You believe in collaboration and include diverse views, experiences, and perspectives.
- Serve as the administrative partner to the Managing Director to help shape the direction of education initiatives, with a keen eye on operations, organization, and financial management.
- Lead the design and manage the success of SCCME education programs in close collaboration with SCCME Leadership and key stakeholders.
- Design, develop and coordinate multi-faceted educational programs, including online courses, in-person conferences and workshops, and hybrid offerings aimed to meet the varied needs of all learner groups, including technical, business, and clinical audiences.
- Provide comprehensive program management for continuing education initiatives.
- Partner with course directors and the SCCME team throughout the course development and execution, including developing the objectives, content, exercises, pre-and post-course materials, and evaluations to create impactful educational activities.
- Partnering with internal communication and marketing team on education content distribution
- Conduct and track faculty recruitment as subject matter experts for programs.
- Review and analyze educational program trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function.
- Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Provide project management support to CME's operational and strategic initiatives.
- Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications, and compliance
- Manage timelines, communication and logistics for successful execution of programs.
- Monitor project performance and use metrics to set deadlines.
- Develop budgets for continuing education programs and tracking to ensure that programs operate within financial parameters set forth in the approved budget.
- Develop reports, metrics and dashboard for assigned projects to facilitate transparency and project status.
- Assist with identifying and securing non-traditional funding opportunities.
- Deliver and administer programs and content within a lean framework
* - Other duties may also be assignedDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Understanding of adult learning principles and program evaluation.
- Experience with program development, project management, student services or related field
- experience managing continuing medical education programs for physicians or overseeing administrative programs.
- Skilled and experienced in collaborating with physicians and faculty.
- Successful track record of launching and managing innovative and complex programs
- Entrepreneurial and innovative mindset; comfort with change, ambiguity, and institutional evolution in a fast-paced environment.
- A high degree of social facility in obtaining cooperation and support from a broad range of faculty, staff, and individuals both within and outside the institution.
- Familiar with project management tools such as Asana, Miro, Smartsheets, etc.
- Graduate Degree
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others for jobs requiring supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3094523
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency