DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusColorado School of Public Health Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center Finance ManagerPosition 796894 – Requisition - 26063
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Finance Manager position.Position Information
The Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) is a unique and collaborative graduate school that combines the collective expertise of three Colorado universities: the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) in Aurora, Colorado State University (CSU) in Fort Collins, and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) in Greeley, Colorado. The Colorado School of Public Health is the only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing a vital contribution towards ensuring our region’s health and wellbeing. The school’s faculty, staff, and students work together to reach underserved populations, share knowledge, and conduct innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, costly injuries, and more. As the School of Public Health located within the University of Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence in education and employment, by recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. We strive to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding; and encourage applications from, racial and ethnic groups, persons with disabilities, and veterans, ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors.The overall mission of the Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center (RMPRC) is to shorten the time it takes to implement evidence-based practices in school settings so that students, school staff and parents can enjoy healthier, happier lives. Within RMPRC there is the School Wellness Program (SWP), which is responsible for working with toddlers, preschoolers, elementary students, parents, and school staff in low-income preschools/elementary schools focusing on promoting nutrition education, physical activity and overall health and wellness in Colorado. This position will oversee and manage the financial/budget along with office management, procurement, contracts, and human resource (HR) aspects of the SWP.In addition to fiscal and HR responsibilities for the SWP, this Manager position will be responsible supervision of administrative/financial support staff, plus possibly students and temporary staff. This position will be located in the Denver area and will collaborate with the Principal Investigators (PI), Program Director and Program Managers on all management aspects of the program. Professional Field
Public Health, education, nutrition, and community-based health promotionSupervision Received
This position will report directly to the SWP Primary Investigator; however this position will also receive direction for SWP Program Director and will work closely with SWP Program Managers and the RMPRC Center Manager on Center issues.Supervision Exercised
This position will directly supervise administrative/financial support staff, as well and oversee student(s) and hourly employees.Examples of Work PerformedThis position will work with preschool/elementary age children, parents, and staff to promote increasing moderate to vigorous physical activity and increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables.
Job responsibilities include: This manager position will work directly with the School Wellness Program, which currently has approximately 35 staff directly working on this program (university staff, PRAs, temporary, and student workers). Here are specific duties:Budgets, Finance and Grant Management
- Works closely with the PI, Program Director, and Program Managers to develop and oversee 3 program budgets within the SWP.
- Administer grants against established budgets and develops and implements systems that provide accurate financial information and budget projections.
- Prepares analytic reports comparing actuals to budget and advises alternatives and recommends solutions related to solvency and expenditure issues.
- Conducts research and provides recommendations in making resource allocation decisions, such as those regarding facilities, personnel, and operational procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing expense tracking spreadsheets to monitor and complete journal entries and reallocations, providing accurate budget tracking for approximately 3 million annually.
- Conducts monthly financial audits on payroll funding allocation and requests payroll expense transfers as needed.
- Develops budgets and oversees the timely processing of grant applications, progress reports, carryover requests and other documents required by funding organizations.
- Works with the Colorado School of Public Health Grants Life Cycle Manager and the UCD Office of Grants and Contracts to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures required by all funding sources.
- Oversees and works with Principal Investigators (PIs) and Program Director on the annual review of salary for all current and anticipated positions to ensure that sufficient resources from grants, contracts and other sources of funding are available to sustain salary coverage and to develop recommendations for salary increases for and staff.
- Collaborate with PIs in the development of new and renewal grant applications related to SWP Team.
- Coordinate and oversee job postings for promotions and new hires for SWP by working closely with CSPH HR Director.
- Chair most job search processes to ensure HR guidelines are being followed.
- Coordinate and track steps for hiring process including RMPRC Employment Orientation, IT (laptop setup, shared drives), SkillSoft trainings for procurement along with finance, ethics along with HR required trainings.
- Oversee payroll, personnel changes, funding distribution, within the HR management system for SWP.
- Provide guidance to SWP staff regarding HR issues to ensure general guidelines for CSPH HR are met, including coordinate and track various issues that may arise with; payroll functions, MyLeave, oversight personnel records and the performance evaluation processes for SWP.
- Work with CSPH HR Director to assist with recommendations and track issues and processes for Director and Managers regarding all personnel issues to ensure appropriate steps and required documentation.
- Attend University HCM and HR monthly meetings to stay current on HR policies.
Manage and train the Finance/Administrative staff who are responsible for performing general administrative duties and support for the SWP, including Purchasing, SOWs, ProCards, mileage, travel arrangements, official functions, OIT, facilities, and transportation. Member of the SWP Management TeamGuidance and lead management regarding personnel/fiscal issues.Provides direction, oversees general administrative tasks, and monitors the distribution of efforts across projects. Procurement/Contracts
Manages contracts and MOUs for SWP.Ensures timely completion of contract deliverables and reportsDevelops periodic financial reports to funding agenciesTrain SWP financial and administrative staff on procurement policiesApprove SWP expenditures to align with audit requirements of the funder; purchase orders, ProCard and mileage reports, invoices, etc.General
Office Management for SWP (35 staff) including IT, office supplies, facility issues, etc.Maintains a working knowledge of university fiscal, personnel, and procurement policies.Attend monthly CSPH Administrator; updates for CSPH, fiscal, HR, procurement, along with overall changes to processes and guidelines. Responsible for keeping SWP staff informed about policy changes.Responsible for the development of standardized operational procedures across the SWP to ensure compliance with funders and CU Denver policies and procedures.Minimum Qualifications:
A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, healthcare administration, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree in business, finance, accounting or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Experience with supervision and office management.Knowledge and experience with finance/budgeting and financial management. Experience with University of Colorado fiscal policies and procedures Experience in Procurement guidelines and experience with Marketplace and Concur Competencies
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Experience with supervision of staff.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Ability to meet deadlines working with multiple of programs and staff.Ability to work under pressure with a variety of competing priorities.Ability to plan, organize, and implement financial and administrative activities as they apply to a complex work environment.Advanced skills and knowledge with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook; Experience should include developing and setting-up spreadsheets and databases for reporting and tracking purposes and developing letters and complex correspondence.Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this 100% full-time position has been established at $65,000 - $75,000.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation at the time of posting. The salary for the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, career field, education, and area of expertise.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services
.Equity, Diversity and Inclusive Excellence:
The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The ColoradoSPH aims to build a diverse and representative academic community that recognizes the importance of social, economic, health, and environmental justice. We strive to promote equity, diversity, and to be a model of inclusive excellence. As a tri-campus partnership, ColoradoSPH stands with academic, practice, and community partners nationwide to condemn racism, injustice, and inequity. Please click here to learn more about our equity, diversity, and inclusion commitment statement and plan to dismantle structural racism: https://coloradosph.cuanschutz.edu/about-us/diversity-inclusive-excellence
Click the following links to learn more about resources and community engagement opportunities at CU Anschutz through the following networks:Vaccination Notice:
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
Finance and AccountingPrimary Location:
May 19, 2022Unposting Date: