IT Operations Manager / IS Operating Systems Analyst IV
Full-Time Central Staff
$8,150 - $11,179 per month
Under the general direction of the Associate Executive Director, Information Systems, this position is responsible for providing leadership and planning for future technology directions and administration of a complex, hybrid (on premise/cloud) multi-site environment. With a passion to innovate and a drive for enterprise level technology solutions, while displaying personal accountability for results and an uncompromising dedication to quality, the IT Operations Manager is responsible for the following: plan, research, and implement hardware, software and operating system software; administration of SDSURF servers, including back-up and recovery processes and procedures, configuration, trouble-shooting, monitoring performance, securing, tuning and updating the assigned servers and related equipment; analysis of legacy applications to determine required resources, dependencies, and risks in transitioning systems to a consolidated data center and/or the cloud; leading the IT Operations team including establishing and documenting security and configuration standards for servers and central staff workstations, and assisting and mentoring junior staff. This position also manages and maintains cloud infrastructure and services, ensuring cost-effective, highly-available systems and solutions utilizing a variety of cloud platforms, tools, and services and provides mentoring, guidance, and leadership with regards to cloud-centric projects and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
This is a hands-on Manager role. The holder of this position must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Drive cloud-first culture and automation within IT infrastructure
- Maintain and expand automation in our IT environment
- Plan and perform installation, configuration, and maintenance of AWS and on-premise environment
- Lead troubleshooting efforts and root cause analysis for servers and endpoints
- Evaluate improvement opportunities and implement selected improvements
- Maintain SDSURF security and data protection strategies
- Maintain compliant system configuration baselines using tools such as Ansible
- Mentor IT and Service Desk team members
- Provide a high-quality customer experience
- Must be available to support our production environment 24/7
- Extensive experience in all of the following areas: Linux, Windows Server, Systems Analysis and Troubleshooting, Backup and Recovery, VMWare and Virtualization
- Solid Understanding of Cloud Service Providers and the migration of on-premise systems to cloud
- Ability to troubleshoot complex system and configuration issues
- Self-driven and able to work in an environment with frequently changing priorities
- Experience with source control systems, particularly Git and Github
- Results-oriented and resourceful
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Top-notch organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on Senior IT role
- 3+ years implementing an enterprise IT environment including automation/workflows, hosts, operating systems, storage, networking, security, applications, technical support, and budgeting
- 3+ years managing or supervising technical teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud platforms
- Experience with Veeam Enterprise Backup
- Experience with Unix and Linux system administration
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Technical Certifications
- Security Certifications
- ITIL Foundations Certification
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION:
- This position is open until filled.
- Applicant must live in a commutable distance from SDSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular COVID-19 testing.
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/12958/it-operations-manager---is-operating-systems-analyst-iv/job?in_iframe=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency