Academic Program Coordinator-Temp
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
Seeking a temporary administrator to fill in for an employee on parental leave from the Department of Writing, Literature and Publishing.
Working with department chair, Academic Affairs, the registrar, and the administrative associate to the chair, this position is responsible for creating, coordinating and maintaining an extensive and diverse schedule of WLP graduate and undergraduate course offerings throughout the entire academic year for all full-time and part-time faculty (currently 100 excluding graduate student teachers).
Supervising departmental student workers including scheduling and training; performing administrative work in support of the WLP graduate programs (MFA, MA, Online MFA), including being a point of contact to students, prospective students, and faculty on matters related to course management and enrollment, program requirements, policies and procedures, and other administrative matters
- Coordinate course scheduling consulting with Chair, Associate Chair, Dean, and Academic Affairs
- Supervise development and of WLP Alumni Database that tracks alumni contact information and professional accomplishments. Administer Alumni Database and outreach programs, supervise and develop contact events for alums and oversee newsletters and other alumni communications
- Maintain faculty records, prepare academic workload reports and ensure that course descriptions reflect catalogue descriptions including revising undergraduate and graduate catalogue copy and WLP student handbooks.
Facilitate undergraduate and graduate registration for fall and spring by compiling and circulating course descriptions, reviewing course information on registration website, and granting special permission overrides in Banner.
- Attend faculty meetings and other departmental committee (UCC and GCC) meetings to provide scheduling and curriculum perspective;
- Record minutes at meetings and distribute, collect, and collate committee meeting minutes and agendas to faculty.
- Survey faculty regarding course preferences, time schedules and mediation needs, such as audio/video and computer equipment; Prioritize and coordinate selections with the Chair.
- Conduct various research assignments on behalf of Chair, such as curriculum, external resources and competitive programs
- Contact and hire affiliated faculty, as directed by Chair and Associate Chair
- Working with Undergraduate Coordinator, review Degree Audit information with Undergraduate Students and answering questions about BA/BFA/WLPdegree requirements
- Organizing department sponsored events (AWP Conference, Faculty/Alumni Reading Series, BBF, etc.) and help with the promotional material
- Manage Student Employment, including budget, hiring, job postings, and timesheet approvals for positions
- Track Curriculum History
Grade of Position: T01N
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
In addition to a competitive salary, Emerson College is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and family members. We offer a generous benefits package to regular staff scheduled to work 20+ hours per week.
Benefits include outstanding health plans with limited out-of-pocket expenses, dental plans, generous time-off programs, and a 403(b) retirement benefit with a 9% employer contribution once eligible. Additional benefits such as life and disability coverage as well as commuter offerings are available.
Please refer to our benefits website
for a full list of benefits and eligibility requirements.
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Academic-Program-Coordinator-Temp_JR003904
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.Diversity Statement
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency