Facilities staff perform a variety of janitorial and maintenance duties in maintaining College buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment in a sanitary, orderly, attractive, and mechanically sound condition.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Perform assigned housekeeping and maintenance responsibilities in the Wellness Center, Strode Center, Pavilion, and North Student Center.
- Perform maintenance on turf, dome, and soccer field. This includes snow removal on sidewalks and driveways, and around entrances as needed.
- Assist with dome put up and take down.
- Responsible for snow removal around dome and pavilion including their exits.
- Performs regular maintenance and light repairs on Aberdeen campus building and grounds and reports more serious maintenance problems to the Facilities Coordinator or Director of Facilities
- Empty trash and recyclables in Wellness Center, Strode, Pavilion, and Dome.
- Assists with stripping, waxing, and refinishes hard surfaced floors, including operating auto scrubber and buffer machines.
- Replenishes supplies of dispensable items.
- Assists with other general janitorial duties throughout campus as assigned. This includes cleaning, painting, maintenance repairs, etc.
- Meets staffing needs and/or special project needs, which may occasionally require working variable hours.
- Assists with maintaining college landscaping and planters.
- Supervise work-study students.
- Work with Convent maintenance personnel on event setup.
- Responsible for fleet vehicles being transported to vendors for maintenance and or repair work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Previous working experience helpful.
Prerequisites for the job: Valid driver’s license
Ability to routinely lift (approximately 50-75 pounds), carry, push, pull, stand, climb, squat, bend and reach.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions, follow assignment guidelines and consult with supervisor as needed.
Equipment used for job: Broom, mops and buckets, ladders, vacuum cleaners, power floor scrubber, floor buffer, carpet shampooer, lawn equipment, snow removal equipment, drills, screw guns, hand tools, etc.
Working Conditions Normal temperature working environment. Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment. Friendly, teamwork type of work environment. Normal amount of overtime and extended work hours required.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.