: Business OfficeLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: May 17, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 03194Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
- Assist Business Affairs staff with all aspects of University financial reporting and thorough analyses
- Prepare financial analysis using Business Intelligence and SAS
- IPEDS Reporting
- NSF HERD Reporting
- Economic Impact
- Facilities & Administration Cost Proposal
- Financial liaison to various university-wide departments
- Assist Business Affairs staff with Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) compliance
- Document all areas on campus with a PCI impact (compliance status, needs/risks)
- Advise campus-wide departments on credit card transaction security requirements
- Check on/audit department-wide departmental compliance status
- Stay current on PCI topics and guidelines
- Generate Cash Reporting metrics during various time periods
- Quarterly reports
- Monthly reports
- Providing analysis of cash reports
- Become primary coordinator of all COVID-related expenses, funding, reporting
- Quarterly/Annual reporting requirements
- HEERF disbursement/reporting requirement
- FEMA reporting and funding
- SVOG disbursement and funding
- SUNY/DOB data queries and reporting
- Maintaining direct COVID impact logs
- Journal transfer COVID expenses
- PhD Fee Scholarship
- Validate student registration and student aid data
- Consolidate data into running semi-weekly file with history
- Coordinate communication to campus from Business Affairs
- BUBS Portal
- Org Charts
- Assist with Dormitory Budget as needed
- Assist Business Affairs staff with ad-hoc requests
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration and/or related field
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Excellence in time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities in a demanding environment
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relay complex financial/technical advice to audiences of varying expertise
- Ability to decipher ambiguous requests and deliver a creative, well-thought-out solution
- Advanced skills in MS Excel; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Problem solving, self-motivated learner motivated to join a hard-working team
- Experience with PCI-DSS compliance
- Experience with SAS and/or Oracle Business Intelligence
- Expert-level MS Excel skills
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: June 6, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.