Search #: 496378JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Stamford Campus
Categories: Information Technology
The University of Connecticut is seeking applicants for a full-time position as an Audio-Visual Technician 1. This position provides technical support for Stamford Campus instructional classrooms, conference center, and other presentation areas. Under the supervision of the Stamford Campus IT Director, confers with technical leadership in research, evaluation, and identification of technology solutions. This candidate is expected to support senior technical personnel with the coordination and installation of new AV systems and reconfiguration of existing systems.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports AIT and Stamford ITS with the installation of new AV hardware and reconfiguration of existing hardware.
- Provides classroom technology support, both remotely and in-person, responding to class and event service calls and tickets.
- Troubleshoots, identifies, and corrects any AV system equipment malfunctions.
- Completes proper setup of AV equipment for classes and events across campus, which may include technical operation of audio and video systems for special University events.
- Creates instructional material and user documentation for the proper operation of equipment in classrooms and conference centers.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Documents modifications made to hardware, software, or procedures related to AV systems.
- Carries out small to moderately sized technical tasks with minimal assistance and writes summaries of technical project work.
- Performs routine maintenance and inventory of classroom technology, providing reports when requested.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems by utilizing a variety of hardware testing tools and techniques.
- Responds to inquiries from other departments and collaborates with external departments.
- Assists in training and supervision of student workers.
- Participates in weekly department, event, regional IT, and other meetings where appropriate.
- Performs related work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience
- Ability to work occasional weekends and outside normal work schedule
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with people to solve technical issues, sometimes under stressful situations
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional media and technology or related field
- Experience with Extron and AMX control and presentation systems in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of audio and visual system troubleshooting
- Experience with Cisco WebEx through codec and web conferencing
- Knowledge of reading diagrams, schemata, and technical manuals
This is a full-time, 12-month position at the Stamford campus. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience. For additional information regarding benefits visit: http://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-summaries/. For additional information about the University visit: http://www.uconn.edu/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496378 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 2, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: May 19 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 02 2022 Eastern Daylight Time