Research Program Assistant
The Department of Epidemiology is seeking a Research Assistant
who will provide research assistance on genetic and infectious disease studies. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- This position will include executing statistical programs, IRB support, generation of statistical tables and figures, and writing manuscript drafts.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
- Some related experience.
- Additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Science background, R/Stata programming skills.
Classified Title: Research Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $16.42 - $22.57/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 - 5
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Public Health
Department name: Epidemiology
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Assistant-MD-21205/886988200/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency