: Champlain College Online - 1501Locations:
: All Locations, United StatesPosted:
: May 17, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
Champlain College Online provides a high-quality online learning environment that empowers more than 3,000 adult learners across the nation to achieve degree completion while minimizing student debt through innovative strategies such as test-out, generous transfer credit opportunities, credit for work experience, truED©, and more.
The Content Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Marketing within the Division of Champlain College Online (CCO), and will create compelling content that helps build our brand, increases awareness of our academic program offerings, drives lead generation and engagement, creates and optimizes automated email communications, develops research-based longform content as well as advertising copy, and grows the web presence of Champlain College Online utilizing SEO best practices. This writer is responsible for maintaining, updating and reporting on a successful blog that contributes a significant amount of web traffic and conversions.
We are seeking a talented writer with deep digital communication experience who is mission-driven and understands the power of higher education in transforming the lives of adult learners and their families.
As a part of a learning organization, the Content Marketing Specialist will have the opportunity to sharpen existing skills and hone new ones in a fast-paced, result-driven, and supportive environment. This position is open to fully-remote work.
- Solid understanding of SEO and analytics.
- Experience writing for complex user journey scenarios.
- Experience with B2B and B2C digital marketing.
- Successful maintenance and optimization of a lead generation focused blog.
- Well versed in current digital marketing trends.
- Strong organizational skills, proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Copywriting expertise and well-developed writing and journalistic skills that elicit emotion and inspire action.
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning, writing and editing with ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Tech savvy with experience working in content management systems (Drupal experience a plus), CRMs; graphic design programs (e.g., the Adobe Creative Suite) a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree preferred.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice: