: Champlain College Online - 1501Locations:
: Burlington, VTPosted:
: May 17, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
Champlain College Online (CCO) has an opening for an Associate Director, Marketing Communications. This dynamic role is responsible for conceiving, planning, coordinating, implementing, and measuring the effectiveness of cross-channel and multi-modal marketing and communication plans and key initiatives/campaigns aimed at a number of different stakeholder groups, including pre-funnel consumers, prospects, applicants, current students, and CCO alumni.
Working independently, and in collaboration with other CCO admissions operations, marketing team members, advisors, truED, and academics; Champlain College stakeholders, such as the institutional marketing department, advancement, financial aid, student accounts, etc.; and external vendors, the Associate Director brings high levels of strategy and planning to the work, and uses data to make mid-course corrections, with a focus on marketing communications that:
- Move pre-funnel consumers/partners into the admission funnel.
- Positively impact funnel velocity.
- Improve post-enrollment communications to reduce melt.
- Support retention efforts throughout the student lifecycle.
- Increase the lifetime value of Champlain traditional and online students and Champlain alumni.
In addition to being responsible for key marketing and communication plans and initiatives, the Associate Director supports the Director of Marketing and other marketing team members in:
Search Engine Optimization: Assist with optimization updates and content generation.
- Content Marketing: Assist with lead magnet asset creation, email communication plans, landing pages, etc.
- Email automation: strategize and support content development, implementation, and measurement of marketing automation efforts.
- Marketing Collateral: Conceptualize and develop marketing LPs, print material, and related collateral.
- Update website and other digital and print marketing assets.
- Social Media: strategy, content creation, and measurement.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Fully own and/or assist in the implementation of multiple touchpoint, multi-modal marketing communications plans designed to attract, nurture, and retain prospective and current students
- Key/special initiatives' ownership - planning, project management, implementation, and measurement within CCO marketing, admissions, and academic advising
- Project management, quarterly and yearly marketing communications planning, and workload forecasting planning for marketing team
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field preferred.
- Experience in a senior marketing role focused on enrollment and lead conversion for postsecondary online programs.
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing and communications, especially with respect to lead conversion through digital channels and/or marketing to corporations with tuition benefit/assistance programs.
- Substantive supervisory experience of a high-performing team
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others within and external to the College.
- Demonstrated ability working with diverse populations.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice: