Assistant Director of Admissions for Campus Visits and Recruitment ProgramsAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Office Of AdmissionsProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Assistant Director of Admissions for Campus Visits and Recruitment Programs is responsible for coordination of all campus visit programs and overall supervision of the Islander Welcome Center. They will also plan and facilitate special recruitment programs and events designed to recruit and yield prospective students to
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Undergraduate Recruitment.Responsibilities:
- 35% Plan and Coordinate daily operations of the Welcome Center front desk; family/group/special tours, oversee purchasing and inventory functions. Recruit, train, schedule, and oversee students, staff, and faculty volunteers for various events and coordinate long and short-term projects. Maintain accurate records and information related to planning, implementation and evaluation of visitation initiatives. Develop and maintain the Welcome Center PowerPoint with current and accurate information regarding programs, activities, and announcements. Provide quality customer service in-person, over the phone, and via email to prospective students and stakeholders by supplying accurate information regarding A&M-CC's programs of study, financial aid, student services, as well as getting started at the college. Serve as advisor and facilitator for the Island Ambassador program.
- 35% Plan, coordinate, implement, and promote recruitment outreach events on and off campus. This includes, but is not limited to Island Day, counselor breakfasts and luncheons, high ability outreach events, special visitation programs, as well as necessary yield related events. Incumbent shall work with other enrollment management and campus constituent groups in order to facilitate the execution of each event. Coordinate appropriate communication strategies designed to support campus visits and planned recruitment events. This shall include the maintenance of necessary materials inventories to support events.
- 25% Assist with high school and transfer recruitment programs/visits designed to recruit prospective students to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Make presentations to diverse groups. Work with high school and college counselors on matters related to the application process. Serve as a liaison to develop partnerships between the university and local school systems throughout the area. Recruit high school students during the Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (TACRAO) recruiting season and other programs and activities assigned by the office.
- 5% Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Recruitment and Admissions, Director of Undergraduate Recruitment or their designee.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six (6) years of related experience.
- Additional education may be used as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements.
- Broad knowledge of admissions and recruitment functions.
- Experience planning recruitment events.
- Experience training staff members is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of higher education processes, supervisory and personnel practices, communication techniques, and software programs.
- General knowledge of record keeping, data processing, and computer applications.
- $4,180 - $4,391 monthly ( $50,162 - $52,700 annual),
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Director-for-Campus-Visits-and-Recruitment-Programs_R-050249
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency