: Information Technology Services/CIOLocations:
: Various locations, NYPosted:
: May 9, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About SUNY Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 51-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 92,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at over 30 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
Empire State College is committed to creating a multi-cultural and inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package.
The Library Services Associate Director of Assessment and Data Analysis (State title: Instructional Support Specialist) will design and lead a program to conduct both ongoing and targeted analysis of services, collections, and educational effectiveness, of the Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS) portfolio which includes, the SUNY Library Services, the OER Services, and the Open Access Repository program.
This position reports directly to the Senior Library Strategist in the SUNY Office of Library and Information Services and will provide leadership for the design and coordination of a program of assessment to optimize decision making, service provision, library-led education, stakeholder satisfaction, and strategic priorities within SUNY libraries and the campuses they serve. The incumbent will lead, design, and participate in the collection, analysis, and documentation of quantitative and qualitative assessment data to support informed, data-driven decisions about services and priorities.
- Support targeted decision making concerning the acquisition, licensing, renewal, retention, and use of library and shared collections.
- Employ a consultative, strategic approach with colleagues, campuses and their libraries to foster a culture of assessment and effectiveness that meets system-wide goals for student and faculty success.
- Utilize structured research methods to gather library input on strategic directions for OLIS services and programs.
- Collaboratively work with colleagues in SUNY OLIS to leverage existing data and determine additional data collection needs.
- In consultation with diverse groups across SUNY, provide assessment support to help evaluate and develop a culture of inclusivity in SUNY Libraries.
- In partnership with the Open Education Research Lab at UB or other partners internal and external to SUNY, conduct analysis of the overall effectiveness of the OER Services program.
- Provide methodology and tools for implementing assessment at the individual library, university, and system-wide levels.
- Participate in dissemination activities, such as papers, presentations, and reports.
- Extract raw data, import data into data visualization software, evaluate the integrity of data, conduct data clean-up projects, and support data-driven collections assessment activities.
- Provide periodic updates of assessment indicators demonstrating trends and library impact on the teaching, learning, and research activities of libraries across SUNY.
- Coordinate and/or perform special projects and perform other duties as needed.
- At least two years' demonstrated experience in implementing a data-driven culture within organizations and developing assessments for services, programs, software, or websites.
- A Master's degree from an accredited higher education institution or a Bachelor's degree and 2 or more years of relevant experience may be used in substitution.
- Proficiency with statistics, quantitative and qualitative assessment methodologies, and tools including SPSS, Stata, Excel, Tableau, R, or similar analytical and visualization software.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication; strong presentation skills.
- Experience teaching across a range of experience levels (college students, professionals, graduate-level) in a variety of formats (semester length classes, workshops, one-on-one training sessions) through multiple modalities.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in library or information science, informatics, or an advanced degree in related field.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse library staff, support personnel, and library administrators.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.