Duration of Position:
Full year / Full time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Dean of the Faculty, the Registrar oversees the long-range development and day-to-day operations of a service-oriented administrative office supporting a dynamic academic program. The Registrar advises the Dean on course needs, enrollment pressures, enrollment shortfalls, and technology needs for fulfilling the various functions of the office. The Registrar is the College's FERPA Official and needs to be knowledgeable about FERPA and other Federal and State regulations and policies affecting the College's academic programs and operations. The Registrar is an ex officio
non-voting member of the Committee on Curricular Policies, and the Committee on Student Records. The Registrar serves as Chair of the Student Information System Committee, and participates on other committees, including the Enrollment Management Committee, the Classroom Committee, the Administrative Systems Steering Committee, and the Data Working Group.In carrying out these duties, the Registrar works closely with faculty department chairs and program directors, the Office of Computing and Information Systems, the Office of the Dean of the Faculty, the Office of the Dean of Studies, the Office of Communications, the Office of Student Financial Services, the Office of International Programs, the Office of Community Engaged Learning, and students. The Registrar directly supervises the work of a Senior Associate Registrar and three Registration Assistants.Preferred Start Date
: August 1, 2022Review of applications will begin immediatelyResponsibilities:
- Maintenance and security of student academic records.
- Administering registration procedures.
- Assigning classroom space.
- Developing and publishing the schedule of classes and examinations within terms set by faculty legislation.
- Developing and publishing the academic portion of the College Catalog.
- Statistical reporting based on the records of the Registrar's Office
- Production of academic transcripts.
- Coordinating with CIS the administration of end-of-course evaluations.
- Degree certification.
- Providing data from Registrar records to academic and administrative offices upon request and in accordance with the College's FERPA obligations.
- Responding to requests for information by external constituencies, ensuring that these requests are handled in accordance with the College's FERPA obligations.
- Being highly knowledgeable about and ensuring compliance with FERPA, , Federal, and State regulations and policies affecting the College's academic programs and operations.
- Overseeing processes, data entry, data integrity, and data access in the College's Student Information System.
- Advocating for needed improvements in the College's Student Information System.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Seven to ten years of experience in a registrar’s office in a higher education setting.
- Extensive experience in academic records management, curriculum administration, and student services.
- Leadership and management experience in a higher education setting.
- Expertise in appropriate uses of technology to advance student advising and registration, degree auditing, scheduling, classroom assignment, and records administration.
- Current knowledge of relevant state and federal laws pertaining to student records, and degree requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to access and organize data from ERP systems to respond to inside and outside requests in a manner that accords with the College’s FERPA obligation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Sophisticated knowledge of one or more Student Information Systems, such as Banner Student or Workday Student.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2631.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency