16-May-2022 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This JobJob Summary
Assist with integrated research on animal stress physiology, behavior, meat quality, food safety, including live animal experiments, blood and meat sample collection, and lab analysis.Duties and ResponsibilitiesTake care of research animalsAssist in blood samplingAssist in meat processing and samplingAssist in lab analysis of blood, muscle/meat, and rumen samplesConduct literature search on assigned topicsAssist with data processing and analysisPerform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
The above mentioned duties and responsibilities are representative of nature and level of work assigned are not necessarily all-inclusive
- BS in Animal Science, Veterinary Science, or related area.
- MS in Animal Science preferred.
- Basic knowledge of animal behavior, physiology, meat science, and microbiology.
- Prior experience working with small ruminants.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Evening/weekend work may be required as dictated by experiments.
- Working outdoors required on regular basis.
- Working in meat processing room at cooler temperature required on regular basis.
Standing or sitting for extended periods of time and performing repetitive tasks required as dictated by experiments.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com