Support StaffClassification Title:
College Support ServicesPosition Title:
Administrative Assistant for Major GiftsPosition Number:
O00222Pay Grade Level:
Minimum rate of pay $20.50 per hourDepartment:
Office of Major GiftsPosting Number:
S 121301030Full or Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Months:
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 35 hour work week.Basic Function:
Occasional evenings and weekends as needed for special events.
Provide a full range of administrative assistant duties and responsibilities. Support the day-to-day operations of the Major Gift office by providing the technical and organizational skills needed to coordinate office operations within a fast-paced environment which requires a high degree of attention to detail and confidentiality.Essential Job Functions:
Support the Office of Major Gifts, including a director and a team of four development officers (three of whom work remotely and are based out-of-state) in our mission of creating and sustaining donor-centered relationships.
Administrative support duties include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars.
- Reconciling expense reports.
- Tracking budgets.
- Assisting with travel arrangements and preparing travel itineraries.
- Generating reports.
- Performing data entry, correspondence, briefs, pledge agreements and proposals.
- Assist in the planning of department meetings, workshops, and retreats.
- Provides support for the Board of Advisors, and any other future programs, to support the work of Major Gifts.
- Partners with other offices as needed to assist with regional events such as dialogue dinners and conversations with the president.
- Assist in administrative support related to the planning and execution of the comprehensive fundraising campaign, including support of the Presidential Travel Calendar.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate anticipates and resolves problems, using initiative, flexibility, creativity, and a teamwork approach. They will be able to work independently and have a willingness to embrace inter-departmental collaboration.Minimum Qualifications:
High school graduate or equivalent and a minimum of five years of relevant administrative assistant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Should be comfortable working independently and as part of a cohesive team to achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple projects at once while maintaining a focus of meeting deadlines and proofreading for accuracy.
- Able to maintain highly confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, faculty, students, and others in an environment which celebrates diversity.
- Excellent verbal and telephone communication skills and a willingness to use video conferencing tools on a regular basis.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, or MS Office applications. Ability to prioritize tasks and monitor workflow.
- Previous experience with database management.
Must be comfortable in office setting, operating general office equipment, including lifting boxes up to 20 lbs.Contact(s):
Office of Human ResourcesContact Phone/Extension:
[email protected]Open Date:
05/09/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In your cover letter, please address how your background and experience has prepared you for this position at Denison University. Please provide contact information for three (3) work-related references including name, address, phone number and email address.Additional Information:
Applications received by June 5, 2022 will be assured full consideration. Position open until filled.Denison University Background Check Statement:
In our ongoing efforts to support the health of our community, continue to operate our campus safely, and to comply with the federal government’s large employer mandate, Denison requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including a booster within the timeline guidance recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention unless an authorized exemption is approved. For more information and resources regarding this policy as a condition of employment, please visit https://denison.edu/campus/covid19
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our Diversity Guide (https://denison.edu/forms/diversity-guide). Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.