DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusOffice of AdvancementJob Title: Stewardship CoordinatorPosition #1183 – Requisition #26027
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found here: Anschutz
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
.The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Stewardship Coordinator.
Jobs in this career family involve building relationships with external parties for the purposes of information sharing and facilitation of strategic partnerships. Functions include government relations, alumni relations, commercial business relations, non-profit relations, and event planning/management. Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.Department Summary:
The mission of the Benefactor Relations team is to ensure that CU Anschutz benefactors feel their gift has made an impact through timely and personal acknowledgment and recognition that connects them to their philanthropy. We seek to recognize and appreciate, inform and engage current and prospective benefactors through meaningful and consistent contact. The Benefactor Relations team works collaboratively with colleagues across the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus to build stronger benefactor relationships, alumni relations, benefactor acknowledgment, and recognition processes, allowing development staff to focus on cultivation, fundraising, and ensuring benefactors and alumni remain connected to the Anschutz Medical Campus. Job Summary:
The Stewardship Coordinator is accountable for executing comprehensive stewardship to build benefactor trust though consistent and meaningful contacts and to help in establishing solid standards for stewardship and benefactor relations at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus. Examples of Work Performed:
Strategize for and execute the broad-based impact report program for CU Anschutz active stewardees, dormant and permanent stewardees.Manage the loyal benefactor program, which includes email and mail touchpoints. Manage the faculty & staff stewardship program. Assist in the cultivation of relationships with prospects and benefactors through stewardship reports, mailings and phone contact.Ensure all benefactors to lectureships, fellowships, professorships and scholarships are properly stewarded.Utilize the university's donor database and its various modules, especially to track stewardship activities and investigate benefactor giving.Coordinate and execute update of grouped recognition wall(s). Gather narrative and financial gift information for scholarships, fellowships, endowed chairs, major benefactors, etc. as needed.Work closely with development officers to develop stewardship plans for their top prospects. Assist with stewardship/cultivation gift program.Coordinate routing of grant agreements for signatures through proper channels. Research inspiration for and advise on special stewardship projects.Track grant progress reporting to ensure reports are being submitted on time. Manage purchasing and tracking of tables and tickets for sponsorship and community events. Assist the Gift Administration team with suspense gift related questions and moving those gifts into a permanent fund. Manage and oversee the birthday card program for benefactors at a certain level. Perform other stewardship functions as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
Diversity and Equity:
- The annual salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $50,000 - $57,000
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, human resources, business analytics, finance, accounting or related field from an accredited institution.Two years (2) years professional related experience required.Substitution:
Professional-level experience in a business role may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basisPreferred Qualifications:
- Professional experience with stewardship, events and/or donor relations.
- Professional experience working in an institution of higher learning, healthcare or non-profit work.
Outstanding customer service skills.Experience with project management.Must be motivated, exercise good judgment, solve problems and balance multiple tasks.Superior communication, relationship building, and follow-through abilities.Must be able to work collaboratively and as part of a team.Ability to work professionally with benefactors, vendors, and faculty and staff as representation of the Benefactor Relations team and Office of Advancement.Must possess excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.Strong computer skills. Expert in MS Word and Excel. Fluent in PowerPoint.Performs well under pressure and within time constraints with a high degree of accuracy and diplomacy. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.Experience with customer or benefactor databases. Excellent organizational skills. Highly ethical and able to maintain confidential information.Conditions of Employment:
- The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
External RelationsPrimary Location:
May 16, 2022Unposting Date: