DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDiversity, Equity, Inclusion and Community EngagementOffice for Educational Outreach and Pathway Initiatives Business Services Associate Director Position # 215291 – Requisition # 26021
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Office for Educational Outreach and Pathway Initiatives has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Associate Director position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
.Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.Associate Directors (AD) are responsible for working closely with the Director to manage a department or specific areas of a department. These positions recommend strategy, have responsibility for fiscal and/or human resources and have the authority to act on the Senior Director's behalf.Position Emphasis:
This position supports the Office for Educational Outreach and Pathway Initiatives by overseeing the coordination of the recruitment and promotion of the professional academic programs on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus to K-12 students, undergraduate students, parents/families and community leaders.The position is responsible for supporting the staff that coordinate and implement the Anschutz Medical Campus K-16 programing and outreach. The primary duties include, manage the operating budgets for all pipeline program; supervise office procedures, which include the development of a computerized filing system, basic documentation procedures and employee work procedures; assist in providing guidance, management and leadership for the Office for Educational Outreach and Pathway Initiatives; oversee the selection process for program participants (based on criteria developed by this position with insight from coordinators); provide oversight for planning and implementing office procedures; assist in development and implementation of goals and objectives for the Office; develop and provide presentations to a variety of audiences related to the goals and objectives of the Office for Educational Outreach and Pathway Initiatives’ pathway and outreach programs.Please note
: This position will be required to work from time to time on Saturdays and evenings. This position will also be able to work remotely occasionally.Supervision Received
Reports to and works closely with the Assistant Vice Chancellor of the Office for Educational Outreach and Pathway Initiatives.Supervision Exercised
Trains, supervises, and manages one Business Services Professional and a team of CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campus undergraduate and graduate student employees.Specific Job Duties
:General Operational Management/Office Technology (20%)
Office Technology Support
- Serve as contact for facility issues throughout the department.
- Place orders using appropriate purchasing procedures, adhering to purchasing guidelines and requirements, and completing necessary paperwork.
- Independently manage and make decisions pertaining to various operations.
- Respond to in-person, written, and telephone requests from students, applicants, colleagues and other university personnel.
- Order supplies including ensuring office equipment is working property and troubleshoot issues as arise.
- Help solve problems for faculty, staff and students and walk-ins. Answer straightforward questions where possible and provide information about the University, the offices, its programs, deadlines and processes, etc.
- Determine proper referrals within the offices and University as appropriate.
- Assist in managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of the offices by fostering effective service delivery, scheduling meetings/space, coordinating catering as needed, helping plan office events, managing incoming and outgoing mail, etc...
- Collaborating with the Executive Assistant and others within the offices to identify opportunities to improve processes and implement plans to follow through.
- Have the fundamental knowledge of career pathway programs, their importance and how they serve as a bridge to support the mission of the institution.
Financial Processes (15%)
- Manage technology needs for office personal.
- Manage office website through the SiteFinity Platform.
- Manage online forms and surveys through FormStack, Qualtrics and other university platforms.
- Manage Office Pipeline Participation Data Base through the Salesforce platform and other platforms.
- Support Unit’s efforts with Supplier Diversity Initiative and Health Careers Pathways Hub.
- Intuitive by managing the websites and communication between all on-campus/off-campus stakeholders.
- Additional related tasks as assigned by the supervisor (Assistant Vice Chancellor).
HR Operations (25%)
- Process procurement requests, travel arrangements, and reimbursements of faculty and staff.
- Complete purchase requisitions, purchase orders, reallocate A-card charges, vouchers, and scholarship distribution.
- Maintain office supplies inventory; anticipate needed supplies; place orders; verify receipt of supplies Coordinate and award scholarship funds and tracks.
- Independently determines appropriate account for all allocation of expenses and ensures financial transactions are appropriate and comply with all relevant University regulations and policies.
Search Advocate Training/Coordinator (20%)
- Process a variety of human resource transactions (i.e., position creations, hiring requests, payroll, terminations, leave, etc.) using the University technology enterprises.
- Develop and manage human resource trainings for onboarding new hires to department.
- Follows established procedures and policies to ensure HCM system entries are made in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepares, organizes, process, and audits payroll transactions and changes adhering to established policies and procedures to meet department and University deadlines.
- Receives, responds to, resolves and counsels employees on payroll questions and issues and services as the department liaison with the University Employee Services Payroll office.
- Responsible for tracking accurate and timely employee data and records.
Restorative Justice (20%)
- Coordinator and administer the campus search advocate training and workshops
- Develop the website for the training and best practices
- Organized or Lead working committee/group to expand programs across campus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Create an open and safe space for the student and community representatives.
- Provide training, modeling, consultation, coaching, & technical support to staff and students in facilitation of restorative practices, including Restorative Conferences, Restorative Conversations, etc.
- Respond to incoming Justice referrals to assess appropriate response.
- Offer training and support to parents and community groups in facilitation of Restorative Justice Training and Sessions.
- Through Restorative Justice, initiate and collaborate with partners for referrals for students, staff, and faculty.
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential personnel and financial issues on behalf of leadership with tact, discretion, and professionalism.
The salary range for this position has been established at $87,093 - $110,783 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck.The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity
:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, communications, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, human resources, liberal arts, organizational development, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- At least five (5) years at the minimum general clerical experience or administrative experience in a professional setting.
- Experience will include developing reports, spreadsheets, and databases using the mentioned software programs.
: A combination of education and related professional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis but will not substitute for the specific experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education, social science or a directly related field from an accredited institution or some graduate work.
- At least seven (7) years student services, business services, or administrative experience in a professional setting.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, Teams, Project, etc.
- Experience entering data into an electronic system other than MS Office products.
- Experience with University business application, including Marketplace, Concur, PeopleSoft Finance, Human Capital Management HCM, and other University systems. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Experience providing executive level assistance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Highly developed skills and abilities to manage an executive level calendar and email in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work independently and with sole responsibility for initiating and completing tasks.
- Ability to assess a situation and initiate an appropriate action or response.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply public relations and diplomacy skills in sensitive and stressful situations.
- Ability to support and encourage workplace diversity including ability to recognize opportunities to promote diversity within and outside the department, and active participation in campus diversity activities.
- Ability to cooperate and support other department employees contributing to a productive work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
- Proficiency in University business platforms; HCM, marketplace, etc…
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
May 13, 2022Unposting Date: