: Adjunct FacultySubscribe:
: Springfield, MAPosted:
: May 13, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: PT No BenefitsRef. No.:
: 3326Position ID:
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 88+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 888,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 2200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Teach the 3-hour laboratory, "Human Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory".
- Develop a course syllabus and lectures, in alignment with college standards.
- Regularly check AIC email for timely correspondance with Dean, Department/Division Chair, students and other members of the AIC community.
- Be available to meet with students, as needed, before or after class time or at other scheduled times throughout the week.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree in a related field.
- Required Field of Expertise: Biology or related field.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Biology or related field.
- Strong commitment to high-quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds.
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the instructional use of technology to teach traditional, hybrid or on-line courses, as needed.
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students and faculty.
- Expertise that complements and expands that of the department.
This is a part time, non-benefited adjunct position for the fall 2022 semester. This class is scheduled for Thursday, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With limited exceptions, all AIC employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. See the complete policy by clicking here.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.