TitleHuman Resources Assistant EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. DescriptionSummary/Objective:
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the College's human resources department.Essential Functions:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refer more complex questions to Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Assists in full-cycle recruitment for the College.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position RequirementsRequired Skills/Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- An associate's degree in a related field is required or higher.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, during which the college is open. This is a face-to-face position. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. More details about other duties can be found in the HFCN Faculty and Staff Handbook. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.EEO Statement
Helene Fuld College of Nursing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time ShiftDays PositionHuman Resources Assistant Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt LocationMain Campus About the OrganizationThe Helene Fuld College of Nursing (HFCN) was founded in 1945 as a private, non-profit College, and is at the forefront of nursing education. Fully accredited by ACEN (for the AAS program), CCNE (for the BS programs) and Middle States (for the entire College), HFCN provides opportunities for a professional career in nursing through three programs:
An accelerated LPN to RN/AAS track, which can be completed in one calendar year;
A generic baccalaureate in nursing program for students with no prior nursing degree, and which can be completed in 28 months; A baccalaureate in nursing completion program for registered nurses.
The College is located in Harlem, one of the most dynamic and safe communities in New York City. We are easily accessible from all boroughs, Long Island and the Tri-State Area via public transportation, Metro North or car, although parking is limited. Classes are held during the day and evenings, Monday through Saturday. Clinical placements are located throughout NYC and Long Island, and are scheduled Tuesdays through Sundays.
This position is currently accepting applications.