Details: Two (2) Positions
Posted: May 11, 2022
Level: Community College Professional 15, 12-month, tenure track position
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (EST) on Thursday, May 26, 2022
Housatonic Community College
900 Lafayette Blvd, Bridgeport, CT 06604
**This position is not remote**
For more information, please click on the college to be directed to their website.
CT State Community College Mission:
Connecticut State Community College (CT State) provides access to academically rigorous and innovative education and training focused on student success. The College supports excellence in teaching and learning, makes data-informed decisions, promotes equity, advances positive change for the students, communities, and industries it serves, and awards associates degrees and certificates.
CT State Community College Vision:
CT State will be recognized for exceptional student success, educational leadership, and transformative collaboration with business and industry, government, educational, and key stakeholders while advancing diverse opportunities for Connecticut’s citizens and communities.
CT State Community College Equity Statement:
The CSCU system commits to bold and disruptive change by actively identifying, naming, and dismantling structural racism, systemic poverty, and other barriers; establishing equitable and anti-racist policies and practices; and empowering students, faculty, staff, and administrators to advance racial, social, and economic justice. Our core collective responsibility is to continuously assess practices and policies and transform the world we live in by eliminating inequities.
Anticipated Start Date:
The Enrollment Management Specialist is responsible for assisting in the delivery of a comprehensive, one-stop enrollment services experience to all credit students on their campus of the Connecticut State Community College. This position is accountable for contributing to the enrollment, registration, and retention operations of the College.
The Enrollment Management Specialist plays a critical role in ensuring the delivery of high-quality collaborative enrollment plans and seamless onboarding support that meets the diverse needs of all students and maintains compliance with FERPA and all applicable policies and laws.
Incumbents must possess proven ability to effectively work with a culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse faculty, staff, and student. They are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong Information technology literacy skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, student development, social work, enrollment management or an appropriately related field together with one (1) or more years of related experience; or a combination of education, training and experience which would lead to the competencies required for successful performance of the position’s essential duties.
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Experience with student records and enrollment practices and methods accepted by the higher education field
- Experience in operating computerized and manual systems for collecting, preserving, and reporting student information
- Experience working in groups, which emphasize collaboration, consensus building, conflict resolution, and problem solving
- Experience in using enrollment management, content management, and project management software
- Experience working with diverse academic; socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of members of the College community, including those with disabilities
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
- One (1) or more years’ experience using a Student Information System such as Banner (or comparable system)
- One (1) or more years working in a high-paced office setting
- Bilingual or Multilingual
- One (1) or more years’ experience with front counter customer service
Example of Job Duties:
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Enrollment Management Specialist is accountable for contributing to the enrollment, registration, and retention operations of the College through these essential duties:
- Reviews and processes applications for admission including screening documents such as transcripts, immigration, and veterans’ papers, and financial aid requests to evaluate them for completeness, students’ special needs, and appropriateness for College programs.
- Advises prospective students and their families to identify academic and career areas of interest and discuss how those interests fit into a degree program, and assists them with the application process, applying for financial aid, and understanding the placement, advising, and registration process.
- Processes in-person registrations and completes other registration functions such as processing add/drops, withdrawals, change of major, researching and resolving registration and billing problems, document scanning of student records, etc.
- Recommends and directs students to appropriate campus resources including Academic Advising, Career Counseling, Disability Services, Financial Aid, Veterans Affairs, and other student support services as appropriate.
- Participates in enrollment events such as Enroll in a Day, Super Saturday, etc.
In addition to the accountabilities listed above, the incumbent is required to carry out the essential duties of: Attendance and participation at convocation and commencement ceremonies; Service on assigned committees and task forces; Attendance and participation at committee, staff, informational and professional meetings. These may involve attendance at evening or weekend events.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full specifications stated in the job description.
$53,043 approximate annual* plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits. Salary Range for this level is $53,043 - $96,375. (*New hires to State employment start at minimum of salary range).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. Benefits include generous leave policies; several retirement plans; and many choices for comprehensive health insurance. You also have access to many additional benefits to save for retirement, protect your family & more with supplemental benefits. Tuition reimbursement may apply if applicable.
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
Following the closing date, application materials will be evaluated by a selection committee. Candidates selected for further consideration will be limited to those applicants who are best qualified based on the minimum and preferred qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement. Candidates who have been selected and approved to Interview will be contacted, and finalists will be recommended for further consideration by the Hiring Manager for final selection and recommendation for employment. The selection process may also include practical exercises (i.e., teaching demonstration and/or other written, technical, manipulative, or simulation exercises) to evaluate candidates' qualifications.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion [email protected]
CSCC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F