To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
Work Schedule: Primarily days in the Fall term (August 22-December 14, 2022.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Kirkwood Community College’s Social Sciences Department seeks a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Adjunct Instructor. We have face to face classes on Main Campus in Cedar Rapids. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge base in their discipline and teaching experience at the college level is desirable. Primary duties will include teaching assigned classes and communicating with students, Department staff, and other faculty. $1,265 per credit hour of instruction.Multiple sections are available during the day. UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Provide instruction in discipline.
- Work with other faculty members to develop a course syllabus and consistent assessments.
- Communicate with department staff, students, and faculty on a regular basis.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Effectively instruct and communicate material for the course.
- Abide by and enforce safety rules when in a lab setting.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in a classroom setting. Occasional (10-33%) sitting, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) standing, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
Master’s Degree in Economics or a graduate degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Economics. MBA without 18 credit hours of economics do not meet qualification. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
Experience teaching at the college level.Demonstrated commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.Demonstrated success in working collaboratively.Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.Outstanding written and oral communication skills.Doctorate degree. EEO AA/STATEMENT:
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected]
or the director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730-1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: [email protected]