Adjunct Instructor, Certified Nursing Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Adjunct Instructor, Certified Nursing Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Education
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Adjunct Faculty
REPORTS TO: Department Chair and Academic Dean
PLACEMENT: Adjunct Faculty
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Refer to current adjunct faculty contract
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
An adjunct community college instructor is an instructor hired for one semester to teach one or more courses for which he/she is qualified to teach. The adjunct instructor reports to the appropriate Instructional Coordinator and/or Department Chair; provides quality instruction for the assigned courses. The instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and following all course guidelines. Willingness to teach at other campus sites is required. Adjunct instructors may submit preferences for locations and loads. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach classes in appropriate instructional area.
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other established processes.
4. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff and chair.
5. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
6. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the college at all times.
7. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
8. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
9. Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of respect and inclusion, sustainability, integrity, collaboration, humor and well-being, innovation and quality.
1. Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) OR Associate’s Degree with completion of State-Approved Train-the-Trainer and Evaluator Workshop OR Diploma in Nursing with completion of State-Approved Train-the-Trainer and Evaluator Workshop Registered Nurse in Illinois Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
2. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction
1. Bachelor’s Degree with completion of State-Approved Train-the-Trainer and Evaluator Workshop.
2. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
3. Experience at the community college level.
4. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
5. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management programs.
6. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
7. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
8. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Standard classroom equipment and software.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):