Part-Time Research Assistant, Temporary AssignmentPosition Type:
SA2632122Full or Part Time:
Part TimeEmployee Status :
TemporaryJob Description Summary:
The position requires knowledge of microbiology and food science. The candidate will analyze foods using microbiological methods. The candidate must have experience working with foodborne pathogens in a laboratory setting.Responsibilities:
- Perform testing and data collection, analysis, evaluation, and write reports
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment.
- Following overall research objectives, independently designs, plans, conducts and troubleshoots experiments.
- Generate summaries of the results as tables or figures.
- Evaluate protocols and data obtained from experiments and recommend changes to processes, procedures, and techniques to improve the quality and validity of results based upon overall project objectives.
- Research methods, testing and data collection, analysis, evaluation, report writing, independent discretion, and judgment
- Attend meetings and communicate with lab members
- Other duties as assigned
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Experience with biosafety level 2 protocols
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience Experience performing microbiological techniques
- Proficient in research methods, testing and data collection, analysis, evaluation, report writing, independent discretion and judgment.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work alone and/or with student (or laboratory) assistants
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.Minimum Number of References:
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening, and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.