: Budget OfficeLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: May 5, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 00095Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
The Budget Analyst will serve as a key resource for stakeholders in various areas of budget development, control, execution, analysis, monitoring, and reporting. The Budget Office administers the University's State appropriated budgets totaling more than $330M annually. The Budget Analyst will be expected to work well across a diverse population, to interact collegially, and to maintain the highest standard of integrity and ethical behavior. The selected candidate will have excellent analytical skills with the ability to gather, analyze, evaluate and reconcile complex information from various sources. The State University of New York and Binghamton University are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in managing day-to-day budget operations
- Prepare and process budget journals at the request of University departments and administration
- Reconcile segregations, special accounts and programs, and spending reports
- Support the development of the University's operational budget
- Monitor operating budget reports; analyze and coordinate any corrective actions
- Field department budget inquiries and make appropriate recommendations
- Examine budgetary and financial activity for assigned units and provide recommendations as needed
- Assist departments with fee requests, creating budget projections and ensuring compliance with SUNY policy
- Review, analyze, and approve fee waiver requests timely
- Run various fee reports (projection to actual, multi-year trending, etc.) and perform variance analyses to troubleshoot issues and assist in policy enforcement
- Maintain university fee inventory and SUNY campus fee registry
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, use initiative, follow through, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Experience in a SUNY or Higher Education financial environment
- Experience working in a large complex organization
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting Tools
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: May 23, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.