: Office of Vice Provost for Online and Innovative EducationLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: May 10, 2022Closes:
: Jun 9, 2022 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 04698Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Staff Associate (SL-4)
Salary: $80,000 - $86,000
The Office of the Vice Provost for Online and Innovative Education at Binghamton University invites applicants for a 12-month, full-time position as Director of the Operations. The Director of Operations will report directly to the Vice Provost for Online and Innovative Education. Core duties will include responsibility for all operational aspects and strategic planning for the implementation of Summer and Winter Sessions, Microcredentials, Continuing Education and Professional Development Programs, and the current and growing portfolio of exclusively online degree and certificate programs.
Online Programs Implementation
- Assist with the planning and operations of exclusively online degree programs & ensure that day-to-day operations are appropriately managed, efficient and effective
- Work collaboratively with administrators in the development, implementation, documentation, and enforcement of program policies and procedures
- Coordinate with academic administrators at all levels on matters of program delivery and curriculum development for exclusively online programs
- Provide guidance to colleges and units in establishing new exclusively online programs
Summer & Winter Programs
- Strategic Planning
- Develop strategic plans and policies for Summer and Winter Programs
- Develop and manage strategies for market analysis, market planning, public relations, and promotion for the University's Summer and Winter Programs
- Work with the Binghamton University schools, departments, and unites to plan and develop academic programs
- Establish enrollment targets and programming goals
- Actively monitor course enrollment and make course cancellation decisions to achieve financial and programmatic goals
- Oversee course proposals and schedule building
Operations, Financial Planning, Reporting and Contracting
- Oversee course proposals and schedule building
- Develop fiscal models for the University's Summer and Winter programs
- Create faculty pay matrix and initiate faculty pay
- Work with departments to develop financial models and payment sliding scales for Summer and Winter Session Instructors
- Oversee hiring including offer letters and HR processes for session instructors
- In collaboration with the business office and office of institutional research, manage financial reconciliation and reporting for Summer and Winter sessions
Marketing and Promotion
- Manage the creation, publication and distribution of all Summer and Winter Session marketing Materials
- Update and maintain the Summer and Winter Session Websites
- Compile list of online courses for Open SUNY course listing
- Supervise Summer and Winter programs support staff
Micro credentials, Continuing Education, and Professional Development
- Serve as co-chair of the Micro credentials Faculty Senate committee
- Expand a vision for scaling the use of competencies and digital badges
- Coordinate activities and processes in support of Micro credentialing and Digital Badge functions which include review of newly proposed micro credential programs and digital badges, and coordination of the issuance of digital badges for approved programs
- Serve as a resource for offices and departments interested in proposing new micro credential offerings
- Report on the effectiveness of micro-credential and digital badging program engagement initiatives utilizing data and analytics
- Oversee the implementation of new software platform for non-credit bearing and continuing education programs
- Strong organization skills
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years administrative experience in higher education
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Binghamton University is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws of the State of New York. Binghamton University will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: May 26, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.